Thanks Madkaw1200

• riverroad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
01 Jul 2008 05:12 #223253 by riverroad
Thanks Madkaw1200 was created by riverroad
Last Saturday, I was going to go for a ride, and discovered one of my fuel filters was busted. Well I didn't have a spare so I just stuck a piece of hose on there.
Well that proved to be a mistake.
About a mile from the house, she started cuttin out on me.
Limped her home and pulled the carbs, but didn't find any dirt. Cleaned them up a little and stuck 'em back on.
Suddenly number one carb started overflowing, then it would stop, then it would start leaking again.
I had that bowl off three times looking for what was making my needle stick. It was driving me nuts!
I finally called Madkaw. He told me to check and make sure I could spin the needle around in the hole and make sure it wasn't hangin up on some corrosion or something.
(yeah yeah I did all that)
Then he said something that made all the difference in the world. He said to go ahead and "take the needle seat out and check it that way".
Well when I did, I discovered I couldn't see through the hole. I turned it over a tapped it into my palm. It fell right out. It was a little piece of grit shaped like a wedge just big enough to fit almost into the hole, but not quite small enough to go through it. It was just sitting there bouncing around on top of the needle keeping it from sealing once in a while.
If Madkaw hadn't told me to remove the seat, I'd probably still be banging my head on my driveway.
Thanks Steve!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2008 08:30 #223289 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Thanks Madkaw1200
Gotta love them Fairy-Tale endings...right on!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.