• BeeSting
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Drive it like your tax dollars already paid for it
More
24 Jun 2008 09:06 #221853 by BeeSting
Why Ride? was created by BeeSting
My fiance says "why" and then she says "you're an adrenaline junky, thats it!"

The point is the first time I felt the adrenaline was from street racing in high school. Then one day I grew up and got a 65 Chevelle that had no business being on the street. Thats when I felt the "PULL", the vertigo from making the mistake of shifting your head position while you're knocking out 10 second quarter mile times. The power of pivoting at the shoulder to slap the shifter forward like I was bitch-slapping someone.

Then I went to Iraq. I slept under a mortar sky and I drove between roadside artillery shells and explosively formed projectiles aimed at my door. When I was on the gun, I was one with my 50 cal. She was cleaner and meaner than I was, and we had a good time ripping things to shreds. I still remember the sound of those rounds going through cars - like stabbing a screwdriver into a coke can. The whiring roar of my Humvee's turbo and the AK rounds rolling off my hood...

When I was being shot at, I was at my best. I was happy about it. The warbling buzz of rounds going past my helmet gave me a hard-on. It made me alive.

Flint sucks, but it's no Iraq. So now I'll be on my motorcycle. I'll have some danger, and I'll feel some pull, and I'll have some concept of control over a machine and over my own fate and once again it'll all fall under the common denominator of essentially having no control over my surroundings - and I'm happy about it and it makes me alive.

BeeSting

Flint, Michigan - Chicagoland, IL

If I wasnt such a badass American, I would have to drive a Harley to make up for it

1980 Kawasaki KZ750 H1 LTD (4)
Kurayami (Girl of Darkness)暗闇の女

1980 Honda CX500C - GONE
Christine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2008 09:24 #221862 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Why Ride?
Wow.
BeeSting, you can write. Never read a description like that before.
You're young and still immortal. Me, I don't need to have Death riding on my pillion. It's enough for me to feel the wind and enjoy the view.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
24 Jun 2008 13:09 #221906 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Why Ride?
Very nicely written. I'd say that's true for everyone on here to different extents

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

• l0g1c
  • User
  • Hanging on for dear life.
More
24 Jun 2008 17:28 #221946 by l0g1c
Replied by l0g1c on topic Why Ride?
I thought we were all just conserving gas. I thought that's why Kawasakis were "green" :P

Nice write-up BeeSting.

'81 KZ750 LTD
'72 CB350K
Omaha, NE

More
26 Jun 2008 06:45 #222279 by 1973Z
Replied by 1973Z on topic Why Ride?
Thank you for your service and welcome home.

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
26 Jun 2008 21:45 #222448 by PFC FNG
Replied by PFC FNG on topic Why Ride?
HHOOOOAAAAHHH!!

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi