TJ's Cycle in Calgary

More
05 Jun 2008 11:56 - 05 Jun 2008 12:06 #218127 by cafekz750
TJ's Cycle in Calgary was created by cafekz750
This was started due to another thread about taking KZ for trips.

How far have you all ridden your old KZs

QUOTE:
I needed a new rear tire in Calgary (after ~1200 miles; TJ's Cycle salvage where I also got a tach cable)

H2RICK Wrote:
Are you serious, cafekz750 ??? That's where I work now. I started with them in the spring of 2002 so missed you dropping by. Too bad.
You wouldn't recognize the place now.
The "Clampett shack" office is gone, replaced by a new building for office and showroom and the place has been organized considerably compared to back then.
Small world, ain't it ??!!??

Crazy! It was a cool place to find in Calgary when I needed a tire. I found it in the phone book at a gas station and just went there to see what was up. I remember the shack and the layout being a bit odd compared to other salvage places. The roof of one of the buildings was lined with gas tanks and there were bikes all over. That being said, everyone I dealt with was very nice and the prices were quite reasonable. They let me save some cash by removing the rear wheel in the parking lot. I have attached two photos that I scanned from my trip (before the digital camera). Enjoy and cool!

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2008 12:06 by cafekz750.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2008 12:14 #218130 by cafekz750
Replied by cafekz750 on topic TJ's Cycle in Calgary
Here is a photo of the "shack". That was a great trip to be on. I am walking out of the place, looking back (not the woman!)

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles
Attachments:

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
08 Jun 2008 16:07 #218775 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic TJ's Cycle in Calgary
Again, thanks for the pics, Joe. They seem like pics of a bygone era compared to the place nowadays. I'll have to take my digicam to work and take some shots just for comparison.
The gas tanks are STILL on the roof of the tin shed and I'll get a shot of them too....if it ever stops flippin' raining here.:( :angry:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.