Should I buy a ZRX? Help!

More
25 May 2008 08:46 #215678 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Should I buy a ZRX? Help!
kawsakiman wrote:

i don't think you should buy it.
why would you want a sexy bike with a ton of hp anyway?
$ 4,000 is less then i have into the motor, swingarm and carbs for my project.
which is less than what you would put into a rex motor to rebuild it if it has been abused.

Take your time and use your gut instincts. There will always be people around hard up for cash and need to sell their bike because they have too many toys. You might have found the right bike and just need to talk to the guy and get him down a bit.
My brother bought a 1000 gsxr with 2k miles only for 6k when they were over 10k new and with a carbon pipe. The bike was only 2 years old. He sold it 2 years later for a good deal more than what he paid for it as he did all the bikes he ever owned. Someone is always motivated to sell you just gotta find em and read em. I know I would ask a good deal more than what I expect to sell for as does everyone else. The guy might be the same way or not all depends.
I rode that bike like I ride my kz and found out the real reason why I don't ride those bikes: 1. I value the ability to have kids some day. Getting killed on it less than actually abusing my future children to the point of not wanting to ever be born. 2. I don't want to lose the use of my hands due to messed up wrists. 3. I was doing 88 miles an hour looking up at the stars one night IN FIRST GEAR AND STILL HAD 2k rpms to go to redline. Jail time entered my head. The whole week I rode his bike I could never keep the front wheel down on the ground. What is the point of going 188 miles an hour besides being scary the road becomes much more difficult to manage and the probability of death goes way up. I don't want to die and I don't want to stop riding hard so I stay with bikes that make sense. The ZRX is a bike in between slow and stupid fast and is comfortable enough and fast but not too fast. I think, perhaps, it may be a great bike to ride.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2008 09:07 #216590 by speedadict
Replied by speedadict on topic Should I buy a ZRX? Help!
Thanks guys.... I didn't buy the bike that we have been disscussing.... I bought a different one! This one is a 2002 that is near flawless. All stock. Has $7,600 miles, and is green. Wow. What an awesome bike. It is so smooth and fast. Tons of torque. I have owned 17 motorcycles in the last two years, and this bike is the coolest bike ever. A keeper for sure. You might all hate me for this, but I have always hated the square headlight on the ZRX so I have a 7" round conversion kit comming from www.aztec8.com They were cool enough to send me a black bezel with a chrome trim ring so that it will look like a KZ light. I'll post a picture when its done if you like. Take care....

More
29 May 2008 11:40 #216609 by captaincrusty51
Replied by captaincrusty51 on topic Should I buy a ZRX? Help!
Excellent choice. The green ones are the fastest.

The headlight conversion is something I have been pondering for my 02. The square headlight and fairing make the bike very uncomfortable for me on the highway. The wind seems to hit right around my head. the round headlight is reputed to cut through the air better. By all means post pictures.

1978 KZ650C
Keihin CR Special carbs, MAC 4 into 1, Koni Shocks, Emgo Pods

2002 ZRX1200R
Akrapovic exhaust, Teds Ignition Advance, Steering Damper, Dunlop Qualifier tires, Corbin GF/L,Rear tire hugger, Tsukigi braces

More
29 May 2008 12:30 #216614 by speedadict
I heard the green ones are the fastest too. B)

More
30 May 2008 00:52 #216701 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Should I buy a ZRX? Help!
Yeap, definately faster B)

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
30 May 2008 10:32 #216774 by speedadict
Here is a link to the other one I was thinking about...
www.mnsportbikeriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28477

U have to be registerd to see the picture, (its free and easy) and the picture is well worth it. What a gorgeous bike.

Actually I will just get it for you and put it here...

Stinking sweet eh?
Attachments:

More
31 May 2008 04:26 #216916 by Ituen
Replied by Ituen on topic Should I buy a ZRX? Help!
Buy it!!!

1982 KZ750 E
Kawasaki Rider

More
05 Jun 2008 16:46 #218197 by speedadict
Here is the picture I promised you guys after the headlight conversion... It was pretty simple, but still needs a little tweeking to be right...
Attachments:

More
05 Jun 2008 18:40 #218219 by speedadict
Ok everybody... The headlight stuck out to far from the forks for my taste at first. It looked almost bug eyed. So I drilled two new holes in the brackets and sucked the light in closer to the forks. Now it is more solid and look sweet. It would take a very well trained eye not to think that it is factory. Also, the guys at aztec8 were cool enough to ship me a black bucket with a chrome trim ring. (They sell the kit as either black or chrome) That made it look like the original KZ stuff. I think it is way cool, and some of the ZRX ugliness has already been cured. Now to do away with that horrible rear fender, and it will be a sweet looking ride...:)