i want 70's dragbike parts

• cutmesomeslackjk
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 May 2008 09:33 #214017 by cutmesomeslackjk
i want 70's dragbike parts was created by cutmesomeslackjk
i want my bike to look like it was built to race and then parked in a garage for 30 years. so if you have any older parts that will fit a 1980 kz frame or a 1974 z1 900 engine, or if you know any mods people did to make their bike diffrent/faster back then let me know.

thanks Chris

1980 kz 1000
with a 1974 z1 900 on it
electronic ignition from 1980

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2008 17:39 #214090 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic i want 70's dragbike parts
what kind of mods do you want to make,and what do you want the bike to do? ;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• cutmesomeslackjk
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 May 2008 20:05 #214466 by cutmesomeslackjk
Replied by cutmesomeslackjk on topic i want 70's dragbike parts
well the motor on the bike is already somewhat built so i dont need anything for it but i want things like old covers, seats, swingarms, gauges...just anything thats old and looks cool....i want to make the bike look faster than it is....something i really want in an MRE clutch cover

1980 kz 1000
with a 1974 z1 900 on it
electronic ignition from 1980

More
18 May 2008 20:32 #214468 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic i want 70's dragbike parts
i remember some really bizarr looking paint jobs ,other than that it was mostly modified stock stuff that most guys were using for low budget racing.if you had a kerker ,yosh or denco pipe a set of smoothbores and an 1170kit with a sticky tire you pretty much ruled the neighborhood!;) most of the stuff that was run at the track in the 70s and early 80s had no place on a streetbike,but god knows we tried to make 13:1 motors with cam lobes that looked like 2x4s turned on edge and 33 smoothbores work in basically stock chassis street bikes!too little frame,too little suspension,way too little brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :blink: :blush: :S :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.