Follow Ups In This Forum????

More
10 May 2008 11:13 - 10 May 2008 11:14 #212560 by Beatpoet
Follow Ups In This Forum???? was created by Beatpoet
Here's the situation:

I (heretoafter to be referred to as 'Rider X' ) have been doing a lot of reading here on kzrider.com (heretoafter to be referred to within as 'Forum KZ' ) lately.

Rider X has come to the realization that most people don't follow up their threads on Forum KZ.

It's as if they ask for help, get it, and ride off into the sunset without the thanks!

It's like coitus without climax! Does anyone agree with Rider X that more people on Forum KZ should follow up their technical threads?

How could Forum KZ provide emotional incentive to posters (heretoafter to be referred to as 'Helpees' ) to follow up on the conclusions and details of their technical help...

This forum has one of the easiest-to-use picture sharing features (heretoafter referred to as 'ShowThemAll' ) that I've experienced...
Last edit: 10 May 2008 11:14 by Beatpoet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2008 11:21 #212561 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
You are right. I have to admit that I'm probably guilty of this on occasion also, but I have noticed this also. Guess I should practice what you preach, huh?! I'm sure sometimes it's an oversight as everyone is appreciative of the help we get here. As for pictures, some guys have problems and some are so helplessly computer illiterate that we have problems each time we try to post pictures, but we try. I'm far from being stupid but there are times when I amaze myself how stupid I can be and with this contraption, it brings out the best in me. AND....I'm sure I'm not the only one. We all need to follow up as I know pictures and some details are what we all want. I know that I have asked for this myself many times.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
10 May 2008 11:48 - 10 May 2008 11:49 #212568 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
Some people aren't into forums and some of us can't leave them well enough alone! :lol:

I admit that it would be nice to learn of an outcome and most of the time a follow up may occur as part of a new thread.

I agree, though, closure is nice.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
Last edit: 10 May 2008 11:49 by N0NB.

More
10 May 2008 18:46 #212639 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
Yea I agree, I've been left dangling quite a few times wondering if the problem was fixed and how...I learn from this stuff! =)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
10 May 2008 20:03 #212655 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
Yep, agreed. It would be nice to have the results.....not that I've contributed very much on this board....so far.
Other m/c boards that I belong to are 1/10th the size of KZRider and there seems to be a lot more followup from the "helpees" which probably a function of those more focussed board(s).
Let's face it....this board covers a LOT of bikes from 1973 through to 1983 (leaving out the later Voyagers) with engine capacities from 250cc through 1300cc so there are bound to be people that just want help with their immediate problem(s) and that's the end for them.
Wham, Bam, Thank You M'am !!!
It's a lot like like fast food to some folks, methinks.
My .02....

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
10 May 2008 22:11 #212687 by KzzIcan
Replied by KzzIcan on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
The most annoying thing is a newbie asks a question and one person answers them with a link to a former topic or tells the person to search on the topic. The kawasaki triples forum is notorious for this. Why do you have a forum if you dont want to talk to people. I believe this problem contributes to the problem.

More
11 May 2008 05:24 #212727 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
I don't think it's a matter of not wanting to talk to anyone, it's getting the questioner pointed in the right direction quickly so they can get the information they need to get the problem solved. If there is a new issue that the referenced thread or a search doesn't uncover, then by all means ask again as a followup to your thread.

Most of the conversation takes place in the non-technical areas of the forum. Anyway, welcome aboard! :)

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
12 May 2008 20:14 #213180 by Beatpoet
Replied by Beatpoet on topic Follow Ups In This Forum????
...When you're nursing a bike back to health like I am right now *all* links are appreaciated :laugh:

KzzIcan wrote:

The most annoying thing is a newbie asks a question and one person answers them with a link to a former topic or tells the person to search on the topic. The kawasaki triples forum is notorious for this. Why do you have a forum if you dont want to talk to people. I believe this problem contributes to the problem.