It's official now!

More
02 May 2008 10:43 #210707 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic It's official now!
I guess you'll find out, but I'd hate to get run over by one of the buggies or trucks by starting right in front of them. I presume the bikes and ATVs share the same route as everyone else.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2008 14:08 #210744 by KZJohn
Replied by KZJohn on topic It's official now!
N0NB wrote:

I guess you'll find out, but I'd hate to get run over by one of the buggies or trucks by starting right in front of them. I presume the bikes and ATVs share the same route as everyone else.

Yes we are on the same course as the 4 wheel classes. The bikes and quads get a 3 hour headstart but those trophy trucks catch up pretty fast. After talking to the team Honda guy's and others, most of the motorcycle deaths happen when they pull to the side to let a truck or buggy by and then drop back in behind them not reallizing that there is another vehical in the dust and then get run over. It happens more than is reported. Pre running last year along the pacific coast side,(south of Santa Thomas),I had a trophy truck prerunner come up behind me. You can feel the motor before you can hear it.Those things are monsters!!:woohoo:

More
02 May 2008 16:47 #210771 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic It's official now!
Way to go John it sounds cool. Good luck.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.