MARS Brings Lee Parks ARC to Vegas April 20th

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • "Fat Guys need love too!"
More
01 Apr 2008 00:14 #203444 by vegasvideo
MARS(Motorcycle Awareness and Rider Safety www.cycleawareness.org ) Has been working very hard to get Lee Parks out to Vegas to do an Advanced Riders Clinic. If you don't know anything about Lee Parks ARC goto www.totalcontroltraining.net/index.html . This is the first time EVER that Lee is bringing his class to Las Vegas. If we get a strong turnout...he will come back.

I have personnally attending the Fasttrack Riders School, Pridmore Star school and Lee's ARC. All 3 were great, but I got more out of Lee's class than any other. Now, this is not a track day school. It is all done at parking lot speeds. You get instant feedback everytime you go through the range. Click on the link to get more info.

Why am I pushing this class so hard. For one, anything that makes you a better rider, makes you a safer more likely to live rider. That is what MARS is all about. Secondly, Lee is helping MARS raise money, by donating his time and some cool prises for a great cause.

I have to also thank Steve from Las Vegas Dyno Tech. He is donating his facility for the class and the MARS event the following evening. He is a small shop owner who is giving big
to help us and the cause out. A big thumbs up Steve www.lasvegasdynotech.com I will post up more info about the Monday night event in a day or so.

Here is all the class info:

WERE: Las Vegas Dyno Tech - 6947 Speedway Blvd. Ste S101 - Las Vegas, NV 89115

WHEN: Sunday April 20th 8:00am to 6:00pm

COST: $295.00 (worth much more)

We have a MARS safety fair the following evening Monday April 21st also at LV Dyno Tech. I still have some details to work out. I will post more details later.

Here is a behind the scenes video from the class:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" www.youtube.com/v/GNGDprOpIQg&hl=en "> www.youtube.com/v/GNGDprOpIQg&hl=en " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

link if embed doesn't work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Apr 2008 01:13 #204933 by vegasvideo

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 Apr 2008 23:11 #208367 by vegasvideo

More
23 Apr 2008 06:21 #208409 by z1rick
Sounds like a good deal. too bad we missed it..

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Apr 2008 17:24 #208551 by vegasvideo
Replied by vegasvideo on topic MARS Brings Lee Parks ARC to Vegas April 20th
We had a pretty good turnout. Lee Parks wound up doing 3 different demos, one was almost an hour long. We had just about every different kind of bike on the dyno as well, from a 175hp Busa to a 28 ninja 250 (the tech wore a helmet while testing that beast).

We raised just about $500.00 for the night for MARS. Not bad for our first real event. The best thing is we got some good info into the heads of a lot of squids here in Vegas. One bay step at a time!

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Apr 2008 17:25 #208553 by vegasvideo
Replied by vegasvideo on topic MARS Brings Lee Parks ARC to Vegas April 20th
I have some video and some more stills to post up, but that won't be until later.