The Pace

• N0NB
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Blue handles better
More
29 Mar 2008 07:02 #202873 by N0NB
The Pace was created by N0NB
With a lot of us back in the saddle after a long winter and some still waiting for the weather to get just a bit warmer and the roads to clear, here is some good riding advice. I saw some of this a few years ago and then couldn't find it again. Last night I saw the link in another forum.

The Pace focuses on bike control and de-emphasizes outright speed. Full-throttle acceleration and last minute braking aren't part of the program, effectively eliminating the two most common single-bike accident scenarios in sport riding. Cornering momentum is the name of the game, stressing strong, forceful inputs at the handlebar to place the bike correctly at the entrance of the turn and get it flicked in with little wasted time and distance. Since the throttle wasn't slammed open at the exit of the last corner, the next corner doesn't require much, if any, braking.

The Pace .

I think a lot of us are there already, but a good reminder before hitting the road doesn't hurt (roadrash does).

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2008 07:13 #202874 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic The Pace
Absolutely! A good kick in the pants or cuff to the head just sharpens the Spidey Senses! Thanks!

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.