Turn signal jacket

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
20 Mar 2008 18:57 - 20 Mar 2008 19:00 #201269 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Turn signal jacket was created by RetroRiceRocketRider
I just recieved an advert from a site that I subscribe to, and on ocassion they post about some pretty cool stuff.

This one looks interesting.

Turn-Signal Jacket Gives Cyclists Direction
(copied from Dvice, and recieved in an email from SciFi.com)

While we're usually the first to point out how dorky it is to wear clothes that light up , this LED jacket, designed by Leah Buechley, qualifies as the exception.

The lights on the back are arranged as arrows — a great way for cyclists to let a driver behind them know they're about to turn. As long as the controls are easy to use, it should be great, though it might be bad if they're easy to accidentally trigger… no one wants to see another forever-blinking signal.

But the jacket has a lot more uses — from directing people to the bar's bathroom, to letting folks know how you plan to vote in November. And, of course, making you look dorky. - Peter Pachal

Interesting idea, but I wonder if whatever is used to activate the signals can be tied-in with a bikes signals. :huh:

So, who's going to be the first to plop down their hard-earned greenbacks on one?:huh: :laugh:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ
Last edit: 20 Mar 2008 19:00 by RetroRiceRocketRider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
22 Mar 2008 05:04 #201524 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic Turn signal jacket
I actually had the exact same idea for a jacket or insert like that when I saw the Wi-Fi detector t-shirt at thinkgeek.com a while back. I guess I was too late to get rich off it...
:P

Actually, with some post-idea thought, I don't think its as practical for motorcyclists as it is for bicyclists. For motorcyclists, this would be only for the most gadget-minded or safety-conscious, who already have their preferred jacket with armor and such. You'd have to make it an add-on or something...
B)

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.