Some questions for those who have braced thier frames on Z1s

More
08 Mar 2008 13:06 #199076 by CruisingRam
I have a couple questions for those that have braced thier frames- if you note in the first pic- you have the Kossman idea of how it should be braced, and in the next post, I will show the one Z1 enterprises sell. My main question is- on the Z1 enterprises model, is there any clearance issues by cross bracing at the most rearward motor mount? Thiers seems to be the biggest on clearance- though I like the Kossman side cover area braces more as well-

thoughts on this one? :huh:

Post edited by: CruisingRam, at: 2008/03/08 16:10

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2008 13:14 #199077 by CruisingRam
Hoookay- having some bugs with my new computer- lets try to post some pics, shall we? :angry:

Okay- pic worked this time- this is the kossman style reinforcing

Post edited by: CruisingRam, at: 2008/03/08 16:15

I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2008 13:17 #199078 by CruisingRam
Lets try this- here is the Yoshi, I believe anyway- style kit- maybe Jeff can shed some light here- but anyway- I have the motor out of the bike, ready to weld, but the one damn area I forgot to check clearance is on that bar that goes between the most rearward motor mounts closest to the swing arm pivot!:blush:

I hate electrical stuff.
Attachments:

• ironleg
  • User
  • its not what you ride its why
More
08 Mar 2008 14:55 #199097 by ironleg
way would you want to do that to youre frame road racing? drag racing? or just to make it better??????

78 1000 ltd current project
75 z1 900 Dragbike 78 frame GS 1100 swing arm yamaha rear wheel dyna-s dyna 2 step best time 12.02 1.59 60ft
71 harley shovelhead chopper
2002 harley springer softail
1999 yamaha 600 grizzly

More
08 Mar 2008 16:02 #199111 by CruisingRam
Road racing- hard riding, with the fatter tires and extra HP, I have also already rode beyond the limitations of this bike- I would like to extend ITS limitations to that of a modern sportbike- so the bike will exceed me again. ;)

I hate electrical stuff.

More
08 Mar 2008 19:30 #199141 by roy-b-boy-b
That is far out! I braced my frame without a picture and basically came up with the same areas to brace. I don't think you will have any problems with the rear cross brace. I installed a mono shock on my KZ1000B frame and used a piece of angle there when i was using my stock battery box and there was no problems.

I am now working to get this bike on the road as i think my Ninja is sold and it has to be my rider because of a hang up with the Maxim title. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
09 Mar 2008 19:08 #199215 by Jeff.Saunders
The kit we sell is the Kosman one. Sandy Kosman has been producing frames for race bikes for years - I would trust him over most other people on the subject. He's currently building frames today for many of the top drag racers.

I think the kits out of Japan are decent kits, but many of the Japanese parts tend to be more cosmetic than functional. Take the Japanese motor mount kits - they use the same size bolts are stock - whereas the Kosman motor mount kits use oversized bolts to give better strength and to ensure a very snug fit with the bolt in the bolt holes.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
09 Mar 2008 21:47 #199249 by CruisingRam
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

The kit we sell is the Kosman one. Sandy Kosman has been producing frames for race bikes for years - I would trust him over most other people on the subject. He's currently building frames today for many of the top drag racers.

I think the kits out of Japan are decent kits, but many of the Japanese parts tend to be more cosmetic than functional. Take the Japanese motor mount kits - they use the same size bolts are stock - whereas the Kosman motor mount kits use oversized bolts to give better strength and to ensure a very snug fit with the bolt in the bolt holes.

Hmmm, sounds like I need to hit you up for your motor mount kits too LOL

I am going with the kossman thingy then- thanks.

I hate electrical stuff.