A7 advice, maybe?

More
06 Mar 2008 23:03 #198861 by OldRobP
A7 advice, maybe? was created by OldRobP
Hi all --

My first post and it might be a little off-subject, but I need to start somewhere -- have a buddy who has a 1969 Kawasaki A7 Avenger (350cc 2-stroke, serious runner -- 135mph in its prime) he's looking to sell. Are there any A7 groups, or maybe Kaw Triple groups in western WA State he might post it at? It's a nice litle collector's item that needs a little TLC and I'm up to my armpits in Z1s and can't take on any new projects...

Tnx!
OldRobP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2008 05:44 #198875 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic A7 advice, maybe?

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
07 Mar 2008 07:31 #198898 by steell
Replied by steell on topic A7 advice, maybe?
I'd like to find one of those locally for a decent price, they were probably the fastest 350 street bike ever made, 135mph is way optimistic though, 120 is more realistic (and under optimum conditions) but still unreal for a 350 :)
They would eat a 350/400 kaw triple for lunch.

Two stroke rotary valve twin, I had one in 71 :)

Wonder if you can still get the rotary valves for them? They did have a tendency to self destruct. :(

KD9JUR

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
07 Mar 2008 19:27 #198992 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic A7 advice, maybe?
The A7 is the ONLY twin cylinder bike I've coveted over the last 20 years or so. I've been accused of being a 3 and 4 cylinder snob.....and I plead guilty, your honour
.:lol: :lol:
Intriguing bikes...but like all Kwakker strokers....fast and fragile. 42HP from a 350 is really putting stress on a stock engine.

120 is more realistic (and under optimum conditions)

Even Kawasaki only claimed 115 MPH in their brochures and that figure would have been obtained with some Japanese flyweight tester wearing only swim trunks.
The "optimum conditions" for 120 MPH would have been a tuned engine, a long mineshaft and a strong tailwind, IMO.
;) :lol:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
08 Mar 2008 06:57 #199034 by steell
Replied by steell on topic A7 advice, maybe?
Ok, I assumed the original poster was talking about speedometer mph, as was I, and I am well aware that speedometers are inaccurate :)

The only problem I had was shredding the rotary disk valve, other than that the bike was problem free. But I sold it after a short time and bought an H1 Flexible Flyer :D

KD9JUR