Behind the scenes fotage of Cycle Sports TV

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • "Fat Guys need love too!"
More
04 Mar 2008 00:01 #198275 by vegasvideo
I gave one of my assistants a small $175.00 solid state camera and told him to just film some behind the scenes footage. This is for an up coming edition of Cycle Sports TV.

I got sick of watching M/C shows that feature guys in shorts riding $100K choppers or guys ding stoppies in jeans. I decided to put together a show with info real riders could use.

This is the first shoot for our pilot episode. We goto racetech next month as well as cover a trackday.

This video is at Lee Parks Advanced Riding clinic in AZ.

Enjoy the video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" www.youtube.com/v/GNGDprOpIQg "> www.youtube.com/v/GNGDprOpIQg " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

if it doesn't embed try this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2008 05:06 #198289 by N0NB
Much better than the other stuff that's out there right now. Superbikes on Speed is next to worthless for learning anything. Greg's Garage may have been cheesy at times, but he usually had something interesting or educational.

Is this going to air on a network or is it webcast?

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
04 Mar 2008 06:00 #198298 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Behind the scenes fotage of Cycle Sports TV
I liked watching the guy on the Kaw scrapping his knees while doing the practice circles. Everyone else looked scared to lean it over.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

• vegasvideo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • "Fat Guys need love too!"
More
04 Mar 2008 23:01 #198477 by vegasvideo
Replied by vegasvideo on topic Behind the scenes fotage of Cycle Sports TV
The guy on the Kawi was Lee Parks. He was riding my bike. That was the first time he had ever ridden it. The suspension is setup for my weight and I am at least 100lbs heavier than him. He made it look sooooo friggin easy.

Right now the show is in it's Pilot stage. We filmed this class, and a memorial ride (safety in a major focus) so far. We have a shoot planned with race tech and Fasttrack riders (trackday organization) We may even do an Iron Butt ride.

The idea is to put on a show that has useful information for riders. In other words nothing like what is on TV now.

Once the Pilot episode is completed, we have to get sponsors in place, then distribution agreements. Our goal is to go on one national network. If we can't afford that, we will wind up on several regional networks like our boxing show www.inthiscornertv.com

What I would like from everyone on the board is input as to what they want to see. If you want to see how to do a stoppie or build a custom tank for your chopper...sorry, wrong show. We are going to determine our content based on feedback from members of motorcycle forums and people that e-mail us ideas.

BTW...The entire show is shot in HD. What you saw was web cam footage. I will post abbreviated finished segments as they are completed to get feedback.

Post edited by: vegasvideo, at: 2008/03/05 02:02

More
05 Mar 2008 00:09 - 20 Dec 2011 03:59 #198479 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic a
a

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 03:59 by KZ250LTD.

More
05 Mar 2008 06:15 #198504 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Behind the scenes fotage of Cycle Sports TV
Most bike shows on now are just 30 minute commercials. "Today we show you how to set up the suspension on your GSXR1000.. and we will be using this kit from Ohlins blah blah blah", then turns into a commercial showing how to buy a kit instead of learning how to do it yourself. Also everything on TV is about new bikes, basically more 30 minute commercials. I know a show dedicated to vintage bikes would never survive on TV but maybe a show with a good mix of new and old would be a nice change.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.