Danger Season

More
01 Mar 2008 19:44 #197836 by Locozuna
Danger Season was created by Locozuna
Just want to say to you motorcycle cabin fevered psychos. This is the time of year that we all get steely eyed when the temp gets above freezing and start the beasts. We figure a quick blast down street won't hurt anything or we get a rare one and suit up and go on a real jaunt. Remember there is a lot of sand on the road and the cage drivers are especially blind from working bad hours paying off Christmas bills. What I'm trying to say is be careful if you do take the bait. Just remember we're all pullin' for you! And if the women don't find ya handsom make sure they find ya handy. er ...or something like that? Lets be careful out there! :S

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2008 20:26 #197840 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic Danger Season
Good reminder Loco, thanks, but sadly we are far away from that first ride, in the northeast,,, :( :( :( . One of these weeks maybe. Lately, there has been a shortage of salt for the roads up here and they have been putting TONS of sand on the roads. I usually wait for a couple good rain storms to wash most of it off before I even think about taking the bike out. It gives me time to do the yearly updates and sevices to the bike. Then it's time to ride!!!!!! With a wide open look for the sand, gravel and cagers.
Ride safe out there.

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
02 Mar 2008 06:02 #197887 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Danger Season
It got to about 60 on Friday and 70 yesterday so there were a lot of bikes out and about. Mine are still in hibernation as I took advantage of the nice weather to do some farm jobs that had been put off due to winter. But, alas, winter makes an encore appearance this afternoon/evening and looks like it's going to over stay its welcome for at least the next week.

I'll give it a few more weeks.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
02 Mar 2008 06:13 #197895 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Danger Season
Gonna be 60 degrees here today, VROOOOOM VROOOOOOM!!!!!

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

• love2ride
  • User
  • Ngati Tumatauenga
More
02 Mar 2008 06:38 #197902 by love2ride
Replied by love2ride on topic Danger Season
Good reminder. Get out checklist...

Wait, what am I doin?!? I've been riding all year!:P

Seriously though that is a very good reminder. Take care out there guys/gals. Hope everyone has an awesome 2008 season on two wheels, or ONE, which ever you prefer. :evil:

Post edited by: love2ride, at: 2008/03/02 09:39

Newport News, Va
2006 Ninja 250 - Commuter
1978 KZ1000 - Not even close to stock.

More
03 Mar 2008 16:42 #198210 by peachc
Replied by peachc on topic Danger Season
I just want to chime in and say how true this message is, as I took the ZRX1200 today and an a$$ in a cage almost merged right into me. I slowed down to view his reaction and gives me a wave. They don't care and obviously feel your life is less than yours, so never trust any of them and always stay aware of your surroundings! Ride safe and keep the tires down.;)

More
03 Mar 2008 17:11 #198225 by 2M4Dale
Replied by 2M4Dale on topic Danger Season
I seen a fella out on his Harley today .... 55 degrees here in north central Ohio !! The fella wasn't wearing a helmet of coarse :sick: ... But anyways my general rule of thumb is to wait till the second hard rain past the last salting of the year ... keeps the salt off my nice car and bike and also gives the cage drivers a chance to realize that we're back on the street !!!

Ride safe everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

More
04 Mar 2008 04:53 #198287 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Danger Season
I rode a lot last week. It is nice to be able to get the bike out and burn some gas. I burned over a tank full and hope to burn some more this week. A cold front is moving through this morning so maybe tomorrow i can ride again. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
04 Mar 2008 05:14 #198291 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic Danger Season
I had a nice weekend here. Got up to the sixties on Saturday and low 70's Sunday. Had to change the brakes on the wife's car though Saturady, so I didn't go too far when I finally fired her up. But Sunday, the wife let me spend the whole day with my girlfriend. We had a great ride. Lot's of bikes out and about.
When I put her away last time, I'd just put in bigger jets to go with my pods, but didn't have a chance to tune her. So Sunday, I carried a little screwdriver with me, did a few full throttle blasts, and got her screaming pretty good. Can't tell whether I've developed a slight midrange flat spot, or the top end is just pulling harder than when I had the airbox and smaller jets in, but there's a definate surge on top.
But I got her running good for a Sunday cruise.
Ran into a guy I met last year. He has a nice '77LTD. With a Trac Dynamics aluminum swingarm, 1075's, a kerker and smoothbores. Tried to get him to log on here, but he don't even have a pc.
But alas, reality bites back this morning. Lotsa snow coming. But that's ok. I'm at work anyway, and my girlfriend is safely tucked away sleeping in the garage.

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
04 Mar 2008 11:40 #198361 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic Danger Season
No luck in Cowtown...atleast for me. The glacier has receded somewhat from the door of my shed but there's still wayyyyy too much ice and gravel out there. Sometime in late April or early May will be about right....unless algore can send some of that global warming my way.
:lol: :lol:
You folks in the warmer places be careful.

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.