Saab

More
28 Feb 2008 21:28 #197464 by CptEDIV
Saab was created by CptEDIV
Theres a car club meet every thursday night here in gainesville, where college kids in tuners meet up and talk alotta trash. I had never gone, but decided to check it out on ye' old kawasaki...
Got mostly alot of laughs and dirty looks, but a few bikers on crotch rockets were impressed.
I'll make it short: A guy in a Saab was trying to make a joke out of the KZ. I don't really try to talk alot because I know nothing about performance or racing, but I couldn't help but say that I know my 30 year old bike would spank his Saab around some turns, but have no clue about on the quarter mile
. Theres a drag strip thats open to everyone in here, and I'm just curious: Is there any way this KZ could take on that car (all stock, 95 Saab 9000) in a quarter mile? I know it has something like 260 horse power and about the same torque, but not sure about weight. I don't know anything about racing or performance, but 265 HP sounds like alot, plus it has a turbo.

Ed

1979 KZ 650 D2 \"Midnight\" blue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2008 04:32 #197481 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Saab
I would make him put up 500 bucks or shut up, then go out and spank his ass, remember he has a lot of lbs to push with that HP.

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
29 Feb 2008 05:02 #197483 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Saab
tell him to bring his title that should shut him up!if ot,practice your hole shots!:P

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
29 Feb 2008 05:24 #197485 by jjdwoodman
Replied by jjdwoodman on topic Saab
If you don't lift a tire he doesn't stand a chance.B)

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

More
29 Feb 2008 05:38 #197486 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Saab
Just about any bike will beat any car unless it is a wicked Mustang, Vette or something else with lots fo work done to it. A Saab is about the last thing in the world I would fear. Hell, I didn't even know they still made them.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
29 Feb 2008 05:40 #197489 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Saab

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)
Attachments:

More
29 Feb 2008 12:09 #197569 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic Saab
tell that kid to ditch his Fail Wheel Drive POS and get something with some balls, maby then you'll race him.

that sab probbably runs a 15-16 quarter where your bike can run a 14 on a bad day.

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2008/02/29 15:10

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
29 Feb 2008 13:06 #197580 by quader98
Replied by quader98 on topic Saab
dude, SPANK HIM ,SPANK HIIIIIIMMM,if you can...but serious don't go out and get yourself hurt just to prove him wrong.if you can whoop him then do it...i'de pay to see that on pinks

Ernie from central jersey
82 GPZ 750 R1
looking to part out my 81 KZ750E2

More
29 Feb 2008 14:49 #197588 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Saab
If your bike is running half-way decent you should be able to beat him so badly that he will be ashamed to show his face at the car club meet. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
29 Feb 2008 16:10 #197598 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Saab
i just want to know how badly you beat him.
time for you to talk some shit.
tell him you will pull one plug wire to make it a fair race.

but i also agree.

pink slips or $1000.

time to take a young punk to school!

you better get the jump because a turbo saab is only a top end of the rpm range car.
they just don't move fast under 50 mph.
by then you should have about 8 car lenths on him.

but whatever you do

TAKE A VIDEO!
then post it on youtube!

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2008/02/29 19:13

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
29 Feb 2008 19:14 #197633 by KZDon
Replied by KZDon on topic Saab
Seventeen years ago, downtown Toronto, late Saturday night on Yonge Street, my 84 GPz550 against a Turbo Porsche with a big whale tail, off the lights to the next stop lights, the distance was one inner city block - no idea how long that was. I never got out of third and was stopped at the next lights, bike in neutral, visor up, before he got there. Porsche guy seemed impressed, and he'd had the back end squirreling around off the start.

The Saab turbo system is fairly high-boost. My brother's 9-3 was the best passing-on-the-highway car I've ever driven, but I suspect the Porsche's turbo was similar and I also suspect the Saab weighs a fair bit more.

Go get 'em

Midland, Ontario, Great White North

2004 650 V-Strom
farewell to 81 KZ550A2 - 82 GS750T - 83 GPz750 - R-Reg GT380 - 76 DT175 - 84 GPz550

More
29 Feb 2008 19:29 #197639 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Saab
KZDon wrote:

Seventeen years ago, downtown Toronto, late Saturday night on Yonge Street, my 84 GPz550 against a Turbo Porsche with a big whale tail, off the lights to the next stop lights, the distance was one inner city block - no idea how long that was. I never got out of third and was stopped at the next lights, bike in neutral, visor up, before he got there. Porsche guy seemed impressed, and he'd had the back end squirreling around off the start.

The Saab turbo system is fairly high-boost. My brother's 9-3 was the best passing-on-the-highway car I've ever driven, but I suspect the Porsche's turbo was similar and I also suspect the Saab weighs a fair bit more.

Go get 'em

i remember a shmuck in a 911 porshe whipping up on my brothers little ex250 ninja years ago thinking he was hot shit,i was about a block behind when i caught up with them at the next light on my 1170 at 24th and L st the light turned green and we both layed into it at same time i was to 27 th and L waiting for him by the time he was just crossing 25th st :P i bet he thought twice before he jacked with another bike!:P

Still recovering,some days are better than others.