Western Washington Bike Help

• Kellen79_650
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Feb 2008 11:14 #197389 by Kellen79_650
Western Washington Bike Help was created by Kellen79_650
I just got my carbs back from Wiredgeorge and the bike starts right up and runs great. It's now rideable and ready for the spring, but because I am relatively inexperienced, I want to get a second set of eyes on it to see if there is anything I'm missing. I'm not asking for a mechanic, just a local to take it for a spin and give a newbie their opinion and some ideas. Let me know. I live in puyallup.

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kellen79_650
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Mar 2008 15:43 #197796 by Kellen79_650
Replied by Kellen79_650 on topic Western Washington Bike Help
Thought I would take my bike out for a test ride today. Still having some problems though. It's acting like there's an air leak because it's not coming down from about 3 or 4k rpm and surges when I am standing still. I checked for leaks but no luck finding one. The engine also stumbles when initially revving it from idle. So anyway, being new to this, I could sure use some help if anyone is local. I'll buy the beer.

Thanks
Kellen

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.