Windshield ideas for low bars?

• ZappBranigan
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Feb 2008 09:18 #197363 by ZappBranigan
Windshield ideas for low bars? was created by ZappBranigan
Can anyone suggest a small windshield that might fit on my Spectre? I know from experience that even a small windshield will make for a more pleasant riding experience. Problem is, when I took the original, mini-ape bars off and replaced them with the much lower Daytona bar, I lost a lot of "open" space on the bar where I'd normally put a bar-mounted fairing (like the Slipstreamer Spitfire I had on the 84 ZN700.)

Has anyone successfully put something like a small, fork-mounted flyscreen on a bike like this? Any particular products you could point to?

This photo illustrates my dilemma:

As you can see, there's not a lot of unoccupied space on the bar which pretty much means I need to mount the shield on either the fork or the headlight bucket. And the problem with that is that my headlight has the turn signals protruding from it so I'm not sure a headlight mounted shield would work.

Any ideas? The only thing I'm definitely not interested in is a big, frame-mounted fairing like a Windjammer. I hate those things.

"When I'm in command, Every mission is a suicide mission!" - Zapp Branigan

82 KZ750N1 (Spectre)
24k Miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2008 09:40 #197367 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Windshield ideas for low bars?
The Slipstreamer Turbo works on Superbike bars, so it seems like it should work on the Daytona bars as well.

I'm not comfortable riding with a full size Vetter myself, I bought a Vetter Quicksilver and only had it on the bike for a week before I took it back off, even though it is a lot smaller than the full size it was still too much. I really need to get off my duff and list it eBay so I can buy a new Slipstreamer.

KD9JUR

More
28 Feb 2008 16:51 #197428 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Windshield ideas for low bars?
How low do you want to go? ;)

When I put this frame mounted windshield on, I had to go with Clubman bars. They were the only ones that'd fit with the windshield. Airtech has similar windshields.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
28 Feb 2008 17:16 #197430 by 01brian
Replied by 01brian on topic Windshield ideas for low bars?
Hey, I have been looking and looking...I came across these today, but have not had time to check them out ...made by rifle.?.? They are close to what I am looking for, but still not "round" enough.

www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9...ki-ZN1100-B2-1100LTD