got a idea from another post about how we all help each other out.

More
21 Feb 2008 22:13 #196198 by kawsakiman
i was reading this post
carb float repair (KZ Rider)
and got what i think is a good idea.
why not give public thanks to a fellow member who has helped you out?

i'll start.
awhile ago i asked a question where i could get the holder part for the cables to install the set of 34 cv's on one of my bikes.

skyman pm'd me right away any offered it to me for free.
he would not even accept shipping. ( or a case of beer or something )
it was in my mailbox 4 days later.

i think there is a ton of members here who have helped someone out.
big parts or just that little piece they were missing.

i also think they should be thanked in public.

we don't need to organize a parade for the kindness of others, maybe just a public THANK YOU for the upstanding members who help a total stranger.

what say all?

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2008/02/22 01:14

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2008/02/22 07:28

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2008 02:20 #196206 by The Milkman
Nice idea Steve, but IMHO, I think that most people that do that kind of thing to help another person out of a dilema would rather stay anonomous. A private thank you from the recipient would be appropriate, and appreciated though.
Just my two cents.
Ride safe

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

More
22 Feb 2008 04:29 #196216 by roy-b-boy-b
There have been several members that have helped me out. I had one member to sell me a set of pipes and i paid him,he sent the pipes,wrote me back that he thought he charged me too much and sent the price of the pipes back,and then later sent me the shipping cost.
I needed a exhaust valve to get my bike ready for the meet in Ohio several years ago and a member sent me one and it was a NOS part still in the factory package. My local shop wanted $56.00.
I'Had one member give me a complete 1000cc head that was rebuilt with new valves.
You can make a lot of friends on the www.
I guess the most valuable asset is the time someone takes to offer technical info about a project i get stuck on.
Thank you all for the parts and for giving your valuable time to get me on the road. (warm fuzzy feeling):woohoo: Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000