I was asked to post this by itself to see the emotions it stirs.

More
17 Feb 2008 07:21 #195092 by flht1997
lotta people are suprised how long stuff will run wide open, with no load. when we were younger with junk cars laying around we would do stuff like that. most of the time they would run out of gas before anything would let loose.
and trust me a HD would go alot longer than the 1100. we all know harley does not cut corners making their tractor engines the components are so big and heavy that it will struggle to get to a speed where damage could occur and if it does get there the limiter will come in at 6000 rpms.
i have seen ironheads let go on the dyno and that was exciting, 70's metallurgy scattered on the dynojet :)
but anyway the noises that thing let out at the end, i highly doubt it started back up. no bike deserves that and if they thought they were doing something funny or cute they were wrong.

Matt Milwaukee, WI
75' KZ400, (5) 78' KZ400, 76' KZ 750, 78' KZ650
78'CB750F, 78' CB550K
89' BMW R100RT
05' H-D Electra Glide
06' KLR650
Do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2008 07:29 #195094 by Bluemeanie
Well, they keep on refering that after a cool down and new fuel line it started. But, can one wonder how it sounded after the melt down it recieved? Yes, it could start but (no pun intended, well.... maybe!) engine would still be toast! I don't think many engines could recieve that kind of thrashing and then take you cross country.

Post edited by: Bluemeanie, at: 2008/02/17 10:39

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
17 Feb 2008 07:50 #195095 by Bluemeanie
Here is another idiot over revving and blowing motor and everyone is cheering. These idiots have unlimited cash to just thrash these bikes and think it's funny? Lots of kids nowadays just piss me off with there total lack of respect for anything! Guess Mommy and Daddy will just buy them another one? :angry:

Moron's

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
17 Feb 2008 08:33 #195102 by otakar
One thing I can't understand is, the COP car sitting in the background. This is a dangerous stunt, Parts can go flying in every direction. Once again, common stupidity never seizes to amaze me. I guess this is no different than the Romans watching people getting ripped apart by wild animals in the arena.

Post edited by: otakar, at: 2008/02/17 11:36

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

More
17 Feb 2008 12:15 #195148 by kawsakiman
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

Don't let kawsakiman see that vid!
It's the same bike he has (ZN1100 LTD, big bro to my ZN700 and both only made for 2 years), and will likely bring him as close to tears as it did me.

too late!
second time i opened that link. the first time i did watch it and just closed it right away the second time.

like i said before, that was a gpz motor.
best head, 18mm crank and big sleeves for people who want to really build them.

just makes me sick to my stomach to know there are assholes out there who do shit like that on purpose.

wonder how much gas was in the tank? they could've killed someone. or what if the motor gernaded and send pieces flying everywhere?
would it be "cool" then?

after i watched that, i went out to the garage and gave the bike a little hug and told her how i watched a relative get murdered on video and people cheered about it.

that video only proved that some people are assholes and kawasaki makes a strong motor. it ran smoking, overheating and on fire before it gave up.
then it just locked up instead of exploding.

ok, rant over.
i could write all day long over how much of a jack-off that dealership is but it is just a waste of time.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
17 Feb 2008 14:05 #195161 by Sandy
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

I already posted a comment on youtube (two up from Sandy's comment) on what I think, but they limit how many characters you can post in one comment or I would have ranted on at least a full page long!::angry:
Don't let kawsakiman see that vid!
It's the same bike he has (ZN1100 LTD, big bro to my ZN700 and both only made for 2 years), and will likely bring him as close to tears as it did me.

The person that posted that vid said is was from a dealership running a "promo".
WTF where they supposed to be promoting?!!?:huh:

I'd NEVER buy a bike (or anything else) from them. And you'd have to be a blithering idiot to take your bike in to them for service after seeing that vid! :pinch:

FWIW, there's NO Harley Davidson (or ANY V-twin for that matter) out there that could have stood up to those RPM's and abuse for even half as long without literally blowing up!

Let it cool down for 20 mins, throw some new fuel lines on it and it starts right up again??? :ohmy:

Kudos to Kawi engineers and their "bulletproof" KZ model bikes! :woohoo:

AWESOME comments You Guys!!(on the tube):laugh: :woohoo:

We should though...we should find out what dealershit it is,and put themn through the wringer!Seriously!:angry:

And Steve...how ya doin after that,my friend?
I thought of you when I watched that horror-show.
I bet it left a sick feeling in your gut,hey?
Sorry you had to witness that.:(

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
17 Feb 2008 14:37 #195166 by CruisingRam
Well, I do happen to know for a straight up fact that these motors will fail with oil in them and in a good state of tune, just from years of use.

But I have never intentionally destroyed anything that had any value.

I also tend not to throw things away, and come away from the dump with more than I had to begin with.

The city has a restraining order against me now. :laugh:

Notice the damage done to this particular motor: :laugh:

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Attachments:

More
17 Feb 2008 15:56 #195179 by PLUMMEN
CruisingRam wrote:

Well, I do happen to know for a straight up fact that these motors will fail with oil in them and in a good state of tune, just from years of use.

But I have never intentionally destroyed anything that had any value.

I also tend not to throw things away, and come away from the dump with more than I had to begin with.

The city has a restraining order against me now. :laugh:

Notice the damage done to this particular motor: :laugh:

the dump and many farmers have restraining orders against me also!:woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
17 Feb 2008 16:21 #195193 by rdgrnr
What a dumb-a$$. That belongs on the stupid human tricks list. I think the only thing that was missing in that video, was for the bike to kick into first, come flying off the stand and running over the S.O.B.

77 KZ650B1
80 440 LTD Sold
78 GL1000 Naked Wing Sold
80 CM400E Sold
Brainerd, MN

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
17 Feb 2008 19:50 #195247 by H2RICK
I didn't even watch the video becaue, like a lot of posters, I hate to see wanton destruction like that.
About 2 years ago I watched a video of the exact same thing being done to a mid 90's ZX6 or ZX7.
Amazingly enough, the ZX reacted the same way. FINALLY it ground to a halt, they let it cool down for about 30 minutes....and it started on the button. A bit rattly...
but it started and ran !!!
I vowed to myself then and there to never watch such things again. Kinda like "Schindler's List" for me. That's another movie I've only been able to watch once.
I'm not a squeamish type but gratuitous cruelty to man or machine just makes me really sad....and then really mad.

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
17 Feb 2008 21:43 #195268 by KZErider
Ditto, H2RICK!

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
18 Feb 2008 05:25 #195305 by BSKZ650
ass wipes, reading the posts there is someone who knows who the dealer is, I dont know how to try and chase him down, but it would be good to find out who so we all can send him a get well card:evil: :evil: :evil:

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob