Biker family/vendor having troubles

More
06 Feb 2008 06:21 #193097 by ronjones
Biker family/vendor having troubles was created by ronjones
I hope it's ok to post this here.
I found this in another biker forum.
I don't know these people and have never heard of their shop before now. I do know the guy that crossposted to the forum I found the link on.
If you are in the market for aftermarket stuff, for newer bikes, you may want to check out this thread. Maybe get a deal and help out a young couple.

tinyurl.com/2tcvzf

this is the first time I've tried to use tinyurl, I hope it works.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2008 18:36 #193179 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Biker family/vendor having troubles
Link didn't work(for Me,anyway);)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
06 Feb 2008 19:24 #193186 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Biker family/vendor having troubles
TrickTape is an upstanding dude, his customer service is top notch also.

If he had anything i really needed i would personally purchase there, but i dont need anything.

Pretty sad to hear this actually.

More
06 Feb 2008 21:27 #193201 by almarconi
Replied by almarconi on topic Biker family/vendor having troubles
Are you surprised when you read about this business owners problems?? You shouldn't be. His story is pretty common. With the rising cost of everything, the mortgage crisis, the economy in the toilet..it is very difficult to run any business. I know because I am a small business owner. Sales in my store are down 50%. Local factories, warehouses in my area are closing up. Workers are losing their jobs. Utility rates in MD have skyrocketed, the legislature recently raised the sales tax, raised the cigarette tax by $1 a pack, raised the state income tax rates...bottom line people have less purchasing power. All business suffers when this happens. I talk to business owners everyday that are crying the blues. It doesn't matter what kind of business you have when people don't have the money to buy what you are selling it's hard to pay the bills.
Not only do sales decrease but the cost of doing business also increases. The goods cost more, utilities cost more..you name it and you can bet the price has gone up. The only thing you do during times like this is to cut your expenses as much as possible, do more advertising to try and get more people to your store and pray that things will get better.

1981 KZ550C LTD (SOLD)
1980 GS750L
1982 KZ750N1 Spectre (New Project)