Kzwolfsr is Back!

More
20 Jan 2008 19:01 #190291 by kzwolfsr
Kzwolfsr is Back! was created by kzwolfsr
I don't know if anyone has noticed me missing for the passed couple of months, but for those who did, I am A ok. I had to put my 81 kz1000 LTD to sleep for the winter recently and I just got a 1988 JEEP cherokee, FI 4.0l 4 by 4 for the winter and I am constantly working on it. I was just putting a new thermostat on it when one of the heads off the bolts snapped so thats leaking through the tons of gasket sealer I put on it temporarily til I get it fixed. My pet snake, the bullsnake I had mentioned before I disappeared has grown from 18" to 30 in 6 months and is eating live adult mice like they are going to run out of them tomorow. He is currently sleeping under the lap top getting the warm air from the cooling fan. He has grown calmer since and sorta likes being handled better than when I first got him wild.
For the part you have all been waiting for, no pics sorry. the 1000 is currently painted kawasaki green on tank and front fender. The top under the head leaks oil, cos the little rubber ring gasket moved when I put on the head, it doesnt shift above 2nd gear since I rode it clutchless to work, cos I had to get to work that day and it was my only means of transportation.I suspect ratcheting pins. I have the swingarm off and rear tire to replace chain and sprockets and also the rear brake pads which have only a 16th of usable pad on them and if not less. Needs exhaust gaskets to stop that attrocious ticking noise and I want to spray the swingarm another colour and the fenders and tank a new color for 2008. And new steering bearings. Looks like my work is cut out for me on this one. The SR650 is up for sale, anyone up for it and it willing to take it for 600 and leave it with the stock exhaust on it can have it. has new chain and rear sprocket and other things I thrw into it.
Good luck guys!
Matt
And I fix appliances for a living now, pm me on your questions and I must know brand and model number if need be

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2008 19:27 #190298 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
Welcome back Wolf...wondered what you were up to.

Sounds you have a lot of work to do on the 1000, but hopefully we can get another ride of the kzrider-mile high chapter this Spring. I'm working on a rebuild of a 1982 kz750 Ltd which looks just like the big brother of my 400.

Later!

More
20 Jan 2008 19:28 #190299 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
Welcome cack kzwolfsr! I noticed that you kinda "vanished"! You have a lot of catching up to do!!

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
20 Jan 2008 19:43 #190301 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
You were gone? :huh:

Just funnin' ya! :laugh: :P
Good to have ya back, Matt! B)

And yes, it sure does sound like you've got your work cut out for you in more ways than one. :S

And since you've already figured it out the hard way, you most definately need to be EXTRA careful when tightening the thermostat cover down onto the engine or it can crack (or strip/break the bolts).
I found that out the hard way on my wifes 4.0L Grand Cherokee - unbeknownst to me, the thermostat moved slightly between the cover and the engine while tightening the bolts down = crack goes the cover! :pinch:
And worse yet, it happened late on a Sunday after all the parts stores and Jeep dealership had closed. :S

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2008/01/20 22:44

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
21 Jan 2008 04:07 #190327 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
welcome back.

naxja.org has always been a big help with my Cherokee.
Kind of like a kzrider for jeep lovers.

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
21 Jan 2008 06:33 #190338 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
Welcome back Matt.

Happy New Year!

Hope you get everything sorted out. B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• Gosling1
  • User
  • Whats behind you is not important
More
21 Jan 2008 09:45 #190351 by Gosling1
Replied by Gosling1 on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
Good to see you back. Hope you can get that 1000 ready for spring. Hoping to have more rides this summer with the mile high chapter.

1983 KZ1100A Shaftee box stock.
A herd of Bultacos to play in the dirt with. Arvada, Colorado
Kick it in the guts Berry

More
22 Jan 2008 07:39 #190455 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
Thanks guys! Happy New year to you all! I snapped the head off the bolt when taking off the cover R4, which sucked. I was thinking about running the engine till it was really hot then it would be easy to take out the remaining bolt with the heat expansion, but hot coolant is another matter I will have to deal with. Any ideas on that one? I can't wait to start riding again. My chain and sprockets are on the way from Z1 and I am still thinking about spray painting that swing arm...now along with the rims to match, don't know which colour yet...blue..or some kind of yellow ocre?
Thanks for the replies guys, makes me feel like I am still appreciated these days by someone besides my girlfriend

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
22 Jan 2008 08:27 #190459 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Kzwolfsr is Back!
I'm glad to see you back too. I was hoping nothing happened to you. Riding all winter in Denver is not the nicest thing to have to do, so I'm glad you're on 4 wheels now till warmer weather.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.