FrankenBike is finding a new home

More
16 Jan 2008 18:50 #189645 by Skypilot54
FrankenBike is finding a new home was created by Skypilot54
There have been several philosophical discussions here about knowing when it's time to get out of riding, for whatever reason. Without going into a lot of detail and rehashing old discussions, I decided it's time to find a new owner for the FrankenBike. I haven't had it for very long, and honestly, I get more satisfaction from the work in progress than I do in the final product. In a nutshell, I could not honestly balance the riding with the fear my wife and kids have every time I gear up and take to the road. I've had a few close calls in my short time riding, and I can't put my family through that. But I really love the wrenching, so I'm going to be looking for the next project. I'm going to look for an MG Midget or MGB to fill up my garage. FrankenBike will be on the Austin Craigslist in a few days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2008 19:05 #189649 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
I totally understand your reasoning Mike and congratulate you on your decision. Family should come first.
I hope you don't leave the site though, I want to follow along with whatever project you take up next. You do interesting work.

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
17 Jan 2008 05:11 #189687 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
sorry to hear that, but its your choice.

If you are going to go for a MG, get a B, stay away from the midget, they are way smaller and have no resale value as compared to the B, I have spent many a hour working on the britt cars, and you will grow to love the prince of darkness electrical system

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
17 Jan 2008 06:06 #189690 by brokenrod
Replied by brokenrod on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
Ahhhhh.... good ol' Lucas.

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it...
1981 GPZ1100, 1981 kz1000m1(csr), 1979 suzuki gs425

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
17 Jan 2008 06:23 #189693 by Shoe48
Replied by Shoe48 on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
I also workrd on Britsh cars for many years for a dealer in the 80s , a B is a better choice , a black bumper car would be my choice ,, Chrome bumber car worth more though ,, Early Sprites are good , Bug Eyes are better , Spitfires are a Pain in the arse , TR7 Well ?? dont go there ,, But you will enjoy the following car shows and such .. Best of luck in your new adventure :)

More
17 Jan 2008 09:45 #189719 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
and don't forget to put in an Ls1 v-8 ;)

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
17 Jan 2008 13:04 #189769 by tjhiggin
Replied by tjhiggin on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
Skypilot54 wrote:

I'm going to look for an MG Midget or MGB to fill up my garage.

I owned a Sunbeam Alpine for many years. The guy who has it now is wanting to sell. Price is $500. It's a major project but all the pieces are there. Pictures:

Alpine pic 1
Alpine pic 2
Alpine pic 3
Alpine pic 4

PM me for more info if interested. Located in Huntsville, Alabama.

T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4

More
19 Jan 2008 09:08 #190081 by Skypilot54
Replied by Skypilot54 on topic FrankenBike is finding a new home
Thanks all for the encouragement. I think I found my MGB project, but it's in Louisiana, which means ROAD TRIP. At the price, I'm going to buy it outright, which means I'll be posting my KZ for sale, so watch the Classifieds. I think I've already sold the parts bike. I'm going to hang out on KZR to keep up with everyone. I'll also occasionally post updates to my "B" project, though I guess I'll be in the Non-Bike Related forum.:(