new gloves

More
28 Dec 2007 09:10 #186717 by genesis
new gloves was created by genesis
hello all, I've decided to get myself a new pair of riding gloves for the upcoming year, but I have only a vague idea of what and where I should be looking.
I am currently wearing Icon Bling Gauntlet's. Don't necessarily like the look, but I feel well protected and I get compliments wherever I go. But they are a bit too much for daily riding. I don't necessarily need the racer protection when I'm going to Wal-Mart.
I'm kind of leaning toward these Held's, but haven't been able to find a review anywhere and no stores around me carry Held in stock.
www.heldusa.com/vintage.htm
I like the styling and colors, but I also like the molded/carbon/whatever knuckle protection on alot of the new gloves out. I have seen alot of gloves I like, but they're all very expensive. I would like to stay below $60 if at all possible.
Let me know what you wear, especially if it's a pair of Held. And any help finding a deal would be very much appreciated.
Maybe we should start a thread with gear reviews for us "vintage" guys. I know the sportbike guys talk about it all the time, but I don't get the same feedback now that I'm on a KZ. I know it would be helpful for all us younger/newer guys if people that have been around a little longer let us in on their experiences:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
28 Dec 2007 09:44 #186720 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic new gloves
Here are a few of my gloves: Joe Rocket Meteor, Joe Rocket Rush, and Alpinestars SMX-5... and a few new pairs I forget the names of....

Here's where I get them from:

newenough.com/gloves/

But join the mailing list, and you get notified about great deals...

..or check out the closeouts:

www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves/

Post edited by: Biquetoast, at: 2007/12/28 12:46

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

More
28 Dec 2007 09:52 #186721 by genesis
Replied by genesis on topic new gloves
Thanks Biquetoast, I actually am already on their mailing list.
I've gotten all my gear so far from them, but they don't carry the vintage Held's.
Everytime I get that "Paul Thompson" email I have to hold on to my wallet before the $$$ just falls out of it:laugh:

More
28 Dec 2007 10:05 #186724 by KZPens
Replied by KZPens on topic new gloves
I got these OLYMPIA 715 - XTREME GEL recently, and I'm very happy with them.

I especially liked the price. 39.95 (I got them for less off ebay, they were new)

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
28 Dec 2007 10:09 #186725 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic new gloves
genesis wrote:

....Everytime I get that "Paul Thompson" email I have to hold on to my wallet before the $$$ just falls out of it:laugh:

Right there with you buddy...

:whistle: :blush:

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

More
29 Dec 2007 05:23 #186830 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic new gloves
Idea here:

Sell the blings to finance a different set of gloves, maybe the ones that you want and can try on. I personally don't think you can go wrong with Held, but I also know that each pair is just a little different in fit.

I'd be interested in the blings, size and price dependent.

Good luck.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

More
30 Dec 2007 20:10 #187047 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic new gloves
These look similar to the Helds and for half the price: www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves/moto_...torcycle_gloves.html

I can't count the number of gloves that I have, but I'm with GPzrox: Held has a super reputation, if it were me I'd stay with them. Also, for me, I've had a couple pairs of gel gloves and I hated them so much that I gave them both away; to me they felt like there was a wad of something between my hand and the bar and sometimes my forearms cramped b/c it felt like I didn't really have a good grip on the bars. Conversly, one of the guys I gave the set to thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. :S

-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)