12 o'clock bars

More
30 Dec 2007 20:35 #187050 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic 12 o'clock bars
I've seen a stunted KZ big bore, but he had some massive re-inforcements in the frame at the neck, and inverted forks...etc... As CruisingRam stated, you can stunt anything.

About the new stunt-culture: therer are really only two things that bother me about it. 1, When done illegally (as noted by previous posters), and 2, these guys predominantly have no respect for their bikes. Maybe that's an overkill statement, but they certainly have much less respect for their bikes than most motorcyclists have for their "pride and joy". These guys have no intentions of keeping their bikes once it is either too trashed to save or they can score something better. Their enthusiasm seems to focus on their egos and their pride in themselves as opposed to their motorcycles.
...again, that's a blanket statement, and I'm sure it doesn't applly to all stunters, but just look at the general condition of their bikes and ask yourself if you would want that thing when they were done with it.

-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2007 06:57 #187084 by Wildh2oskier
Replied by Wildh2oskier on topic 12 o'clock bars
CruisingRam wrote:

For the most part- stunting is done on street bikes. F4i is the most common, and considered the best, for stuntin'.

Stuntin also translates well into racing- our #1 plate holder up here is also the #1 stunta, and will be at stunt wars this year as well, as part of the freestyle syndicate.

It is also not exclusively for the young either- same dude is 38, and I am 42. Most on our team are over 30.[/quote]

I'm aware that stunting is done on streetbikes. Even way down here in the land of year round riding we have people with bikes set up to stunt. However that still doesn't mean that stunting is a legitimate motor sport. Drag Racing, Bracket Racing, Road racing, Motocross, Enduros, Hares Scarmbles, observed trials, hill climbs all these and others are motorsports that require real skills.
Stunting Freestyle Motocross and drifting are just silly.

More
31 Dec 2007 08:08 #187105 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic 12 o'clock bars
Well, I'd have to say that some of those guys have some quantifiable skills...you just don't see Valentino Rossi throwing his bike down on it's side after a race and walking away for face-time with the crowd. He gets his "props" b/c he deserves it and the crowd offers it freely; often stunters slam their bikes onto the ground and run to the crowd with their arms waiving trying to get the crowd to applaud.

2 cents rendered.;)

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
31 Dec 2007 08:27 #187108 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic 12 o'clock bars
Bad Kaw wrote:

I've seen a stunted KZ big bore, but he had some massive re-inforcements in the frame at the neck, and inverted forks...etc... As CruisingRam stated, you can stunt anything.

About the new stunt-culture: therer are really only two things that bother me about it. 1, When done illegally (as noted by previous posters), and 2, these guys predominantly have no respect for their bikes. Maybe that's an overkill statement, but they certainly have much less respect for their bikes than most motorcyclists have for their "pride and joy". These guys have no intentions of keeping their bikes once it is either too trashed to save or they can score something better. Their enthusiasm seems to focus on their egos and their pride in themselves as opposed to their motorcycles.
...again, that's a blanket statement, and I'm sure it doesn't applly to all stunters, but just look at the general condition of their bikes and ask yourself if you would want that thing when they were done with it.

-KR

Aaaaa-men Brada
The stunt culture is about the rider and the riding not about the classic bike. Those bikes will never be clssics because they will never survive to be. You will never see anyone stunting a stock Z1R or Z1, and if you doo you should go over and check their temperature (with a cattle prod)

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

More
31 Dec 2007 09:51 #187116 by 79MKII
Replied by 79MKII on topic 12 o'clock bars
Awesome video Ram! Stunting Alaskan style! Bikes on ice, lots of snowmobile stunts, really cool!:) That's my favorite Stone's tune too, btw.

Badkaw, that's actually a good point that I hadn't really thought of before (about trashing the bikes). That part does seem pretty bad now that you mentioned it. But, as was mentioned, some are more into the riding part and not at all worried about the motorcycle itself. Personally, I nearly cry when something happens to one of my machines...;) :laugh:

Post edited by: 79MKII, at: 2007/12/31 12:58

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

More
31 Dec 2007 11:07 #187125 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic 12 o'clock bars

Here is a good pic of the stuntbike. Gixxer- beat hard, very hard. You are right- it is super hard on a bike, there is no way around that- even if you don't purposely crash them. And really, the stunters DON'T LIKE CRASHING THIER BIKES- you see, fixing them is expensive and takes lots of time;)

I am always fixing this one, because me and Eric are noobs, and have some SPECTACULAR crashes- Erics is the best- he bounced that bike straight up 5 feet in the air on it's side!

I have not broken anything yet, but I have rode some good whoolies on it:silly:

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.