Help I.D. eBay purchases

More
14 Dec 2007 10:02 #185055 by kawtoy
Help I.D. eBay purchases was created by kawtoy
I had been watching these two auctions on eBay for a week. The listing were horrible, no description and bad pictures. I asked a few questions but did not get good answers. The first auction is 2 carbs, one complete and one not. To me the complete set looks like a set s 29 smoothbores but I could be wrong. If they are I got them very cheap, if not I should be able to list them better and get my money back. The second auction is a head. It looks brand new or at least rebuilt and never used. No idea what it is for but it sure looks like the one from my 1000. I got it for $1 so I really can't go wrong. They were both at $1 for the whole week until the end when someone bid on the carbs. Damn!. I pick them up tomorrow so I will let you know what I got. Have a look and let me know what you think.

tinyurl.com/3ye8g3
tinyurl.com/2rxtc7

I asked for pictures of the side of the carb so I could look for the tell tale smoothbore markings but she misdunderstood and sent me the following pics. I didn't want to ask to0 many question so she wouldn't think I was looking for something in particular and get wise to their possible value. She was selling for her son who is in the Navy. She said he told her the carbs should sell for $350 and the head should sell for $400. I paid $105 total for both.

Post edited by: kawtoy, at: 2007/12/14 13:05

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2007 10:03 #185056 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
another useless photo

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.
Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2007 10:25 #185062 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
hey kawtoy!
those are smoothbores!
call me and we will ride to phelps and pick them up.
phelps is about 35 minutes from us.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
14 Dec 2007 10:35 #185064 by kawtoy
She will be home tomorrow after 6pm so I plan on leaving around 5:30 to head out. You are welcome to come along if you want. Think they are KZ spacing? I know they made them for CB750 and some other bikes. I told my wife if I spent $200 or more on them I would just sell them but if I got them for less than $200 I was keeping them. I am really excited about the head. That might be one of my best finds ever if it fits the bike. Hard to go wrong for $1 no mater what it is. I made sure I paid as soon as the auction ended so no one could email her and try to offer more or tell her what they really are.

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
14 Dec 2007 10:35 #185065 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
I agree with Steve they look to be smoothies. For a buck that head looks like a steal as well. I'll bet Junior is going to be steamed at Mom when he finds out that Mom basically gave away his stuff.:laugh: :P :woohoo: Congrats on a good buy. I guess there really is a Santa Claus.

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

More
14 Dec 2007 13:22 #185084 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
Shane, those are smoothbores and the spacing is the same on all the 4-cylinder versions. The CB750 version uses the same spacing, and dog-legged adapters to change the spacing into the carb holders.

The only substantial difference you see between sets is the slide cutaway. 1.5mm for the KZ version, 2.0mm for the GS version.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
14 Dec 2007 13:35 #185089 by kawtoy
Woo Hoo. I am totally ditching my 34's and using the smoothbores. I am running high compression and a open V&H sidewinder but I am pretty sure the 29's will be up to the task. Anyone recongnize the head? Hard to tell by that pic though. I will post some better pics tomorrow night after I pick it up.

More
14 Dec 2007 15:29 #185104 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
btw, i just wanted everyone to know i now hate shane! :P
for what he got the smoothbores for and what i paid for mine.
and for getting what appears to be a rebuilt 1000 head for $1.

all within 30 minutes of us so there will be no shipping.

why can't i ever find these deals?

someday it will be the day of steve!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
14 Dec 2007 16:10 #185106 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
All I know is that somewhere, a Navy ship had to sound the "man overboard" alarm after a crewman jumped off to swim back to America so he can strangle his mother. :ohmy:

West Linn, OR

More
14 Dec 2007 17:23 #185112 by kawtoy
Come on now. We have all wanted to strangle out mothers at one time or another. Now he has something that he can hold over her head for the rest of her life.

More
14 Dec 2007 20:20 #185130 by 79MKII
Replied by 79MKII on topic Help I.D. eBay purchases
I don't understand how I missed these and didn't bid! I'm always looking for a good deal and man does that qualify! Great job!

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

More
15 Dec 2007 17:01 #185223 by kawtoy
I guess the sun even shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. Just got back form picking up the carbs and head. I feel like I won the lotto. The carbs are 29mm smoothbores with 125 main jets. New gaskets in the bowls as well as new stainless allen head screws. Inside is spotless, obviously either rebuilt or cleaned very well. The head is a 900 or 1000 head, not sure what year yet. Best part is... freshly rebuilt as well as port and polished!!!! All new valves, 36mm intake and 33mm exhaust (not sure that is stock size or not). Also has some funky lightweight gold colored spring retainers. Never seen those before. It is a bit dirty from sitting but obviously never been run. Also came with a very nice chrome valve cover. The Navy guy bought a box of parts at an estate sale for, wait for it...... $1. Also in the box he got were some cams and a shock from something. She had them on eBay but I never saw them listed. I checked them out while I was there. They were 650/750 cams. One was a brand new in the box Andrews #410 and the other was a rusted stock cam. Christmas came early this year.