Motorcycle jack for sale at Princess Auto.

More
02 Dec 2007 16:19 #183547 by rstnick
Saw this for sale at the local Princess Auto here in Ontario:

I've been looking for a Jack/lift for some time and thought I'd check it out.
It was in a much smaller box than I imagined. I folded the rear seats down in the car before hand, which I didn't need to do.

Ok, gave it a whirl. It comes assembled except for the two saddle brackets that slide on and are adjustable.

Specs in the box are as follows:
Max capacity 1100lbs (500kg)
Max height 15 3/4 " ( 400mm)
Platform size 17 23/32" x 5 29/32" (450 x 150 mm)
Net weight 31.2lbs (14.2kg)

First off, what does this mean in the instructions?: "Use this lift for second-lift purpose only".
Also, I see where Dan (on another forum) says "they are meant to be used as one of TWO points of contact... great on a table or floor... One wheel or the other is the second point."

I had the lift under the frame/engine during the test. Depending on where I have it either fore or aft of the pivot point, I will need to use jack stands to stabilize the bike, as the Motorcycle Jack is lifting from one point from the front to back of the bike. I guess this is what Dan and the instructions were trying to tell me.

The Jack works just like a car's scissor jack that needs to have the handle turned to raise the jack. It is fairly sturdy, with a Max load capacity of 1100 lbs, as long as you have additional support to keep the load stable. The two saddles are adjustable to line up with whatever you want to raise your bike. I lined them up with the two bottom frame tubes of my bike.

I raised the jack to 13" (not including the two sadles) in the bottom pic below.

This jack will definitely come in handy when I loose my centre stand later this Winter when I switch to a braced swinarm.
Not so handy when I have to remove my Oil pan, as it will be in the way for the pan's removal. Although I will be able to loosen the Oil pan bolts before hand with the bike raised.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2007/12/02 19:21

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.