Anyone near Rochester who can help me take a road test?

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
12 Nov 2007 17:58 #180769 by hardr0ck68
Ok so where are you at kawasakiman? What town is closest to you! So i can get this thing booked tomorrow!

OOOOhhhhh powder coat and blasting; did i mention the bike was pig butt ugly?

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2007 19:44 #180783 by kawsakiman
beauty is in the eye of the beholder dude.
is she a beauty to you?
pm sent.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Nov 2007 20:13 #180789 by hardr0ck68
Oh no, i hink she is ugly as poo...

If i could have afforded to I would have had it painted, and powder coated... but right now its about making it safe and run properly...next year (after my next Korean adventure) will be the zrx1100 swingarm and some rear sets....then finally paint. (engine mods to follow at some point).

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
02 Dec 2007 10:08 #183509 by The Milkman
So, Hardrock, how did you make out with your test?
Ride safe

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Dec 2007 10:29 #183513 by hardr0ck68
Im set to take it dec 12, yeah it will be cold as hell...but so long as there is no white stuff and the guys who said they would lend a bike and a hand come through I will be there.

I would wait till spring, IF i were gonna be in the states then, I am leaving for Korea in January and really need/want my m class licenses.

1977 kz650 c1

More
10 Dec 2007 11:45 #184438 by kawtoy
Are you still taking to test on Wed? I can ride the bike there if the weather holds out. The roads are pretty clear here, not sure about Brockport. Let me know

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
10 Dec 2007 14:35 #184451 by Skyman
hardr0ck68 wrote:

With a standard drivers licenses you can drive a bike up to 125cc. I posted a pic of my little yellow toy from last year. This year i really want at least a 250cc twin, if not a Honda 400cc inline 4 or a 650 Korean made v-twin. But to drive one of those (legally) i need a licenses.

Are the bigger bikes readily available in Korea? The reason I ask is that when I used to live in Taiwan, the biggest bike you could get (easily) was a 125cc. You could get the bigger bikes, but they had to be imported, and the import duties made them very pricey. That was 20+ years ago, but I go back often, and still very rarely see anything bigger than 125s.

I haven't been to Korea in about 10 years, and I don't remember if I saw the bigger bikes there.

West Linn, OR