Anyone near Rochester who can help me take a road test?

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
09 Nov 2007 09:56 #180299 by hardr0ck68
Well I am getting ready to head back to Korea, my bike isn't finished but well along so i am pleased. However before i leave i want to get my motorcycle licenses.

I have my permit, and a years worth of driving experience in Korea plus year of dirt bike riding as a child. I am confident i will pass, but i do need to borrow or rent a bike for the test and also borrow or rent a buddy to take me to the test cite and follow in my car with the test person.

I know it is a lot to ask, so i am willing to compensate anyone willing to help me out with anything from a case of beer or cash, i am willing to pay up to $100.

I would prefer a bike 750 or less, mechanically it doesn't really matter so long as it goes and stops...i have driven some pretty shaky rides. I will not put your bike down, but if i do i will pay for the repairs. Also if i could get an hour of riding time on the bike before the test i would be happy (to get used to the blinkers and so on).

Thanks for listening to me, and please let me know if you can help me out.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2007 14:58 #180353 by kawsakiman
it's getting to damm cold to ride here now!
i rode to work today and froze my ass off.
shoot me a pm and i'm sure i can hook you up with a 650.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
09 Nov 2007 16:17 #180373 by The Milkman
kawsakiman wrote:

it's getting to damm cold to ride here now!
i rode to work today and froze my ass off.
shoot me a pm and i'm sure i can hook you up with a 650.

Good MAN Steve, the helpfullness of people on this sight never stops. ;) ;) ;)
Good luck with the road test Hardrock.
Ride safe.

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Nov 2007 18:25 #180392 by hardr0ck68
Yes, this site is awesome! i am talking to Steve in PMs.

I really need to get my licenses before going back to Korea. Travel there is either slow (subways/buses) or expensive (taxis) but with a bike you can travel quick and easily (so long as you are very ready to weave and dodge!!).

With a standard drivers licenses you can drive a bike up to 125cc. I posted a pic of my little yellow toy from last year. This year i really want at least a 250cc twin, if not a Honda 400cc inline 4 or a 650 Korean made v-twin. But to drive one of those (legally) i need a licenses.

That why i am willing to drive in the bitter cold if need be; so long as someone will lend me a bike and some of their time.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
11 Nov 2007 18:42 #180600 by kawtoy
I don't have a bike for you, only a KZ1000 and a right side shift Triumph (not good for a license test). If you can get Steves bike I would be more than willing to take it to the testing place. I could either ride it there or throw it in my truck or trailer. Let me know if I can help.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
11 Nov 2007 18:46 #180601 by kawsakiman
thanks shane!
you might have to ride it there for him since i'm sure i will have to work. knowing my luck, it will not be on my day off.
btw, hardrock lives in marion,ny.
( just so everybody knows, he is even closer to jeff then kawtoy and I.
he lives in jeff's hometown!

btw shane, you need to update your sig line. your one of us now :evil:

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2007/11/11 21:53

More
11 Nov 2007 21:36 #180628 by steell
He just doesn't want to admit that he moved from Clarksville TN to Upstate NY :D :D

KD9JUR

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Nov 2007 22:17 #180629 by hardr0ck68
Yeah living is Marion is grand, i was so surprised when the parts supplier everyone was sending me to turned out to live in my town!!

Not only that but I graduated with one of his children :p go figure.

Jeff and his family/employees have always been amazing even though i would just stop by at random times (and remember Z1E was out of his home before they moved to the new shop...)

However every time i stop by and see shelves and shelves of parts i often find things i never knew i needed... this can be hard on the credit card.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot... This site is amazing, the people here have been so helpful on both my project and in every other way. Thank you all!! And a big thanks to Stine for fanning the flames of addiction...

Post edited by: hardr0ck68, at: 2007/11/12 01:20

1977 kz650 c1

More
12 Nov 2007 16:09 #180750 by kawtoy
Location updated. You can all sleep better tonight now. I didn't even think about till you mentioned it. Riding the bike there for him won't be a problem. I am not working yet (ARRRGGGHHH) so I have lots of time. It won't cost you anything except maybe lunch. Don't worry, I am a cheap date.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Nov 2007 17:02 #180759 by hardr0ck68
well if you want I can set up the road test at the nearest dmv to you. Or the nearest to my is in Lyons NY (plus i am familiar with the roads there).

If you and Kawasakiman want to come out my way you can take a look at my project bike (she is not pretty, and still has a lot of issues to work out, but i will buy the beer as long as you want to want to hang.

Either way is fine by me! Just let me know soon so i can set up a road test. Its gonna be cold, but sooo worth it!

Thanks again guys!

1977 kz650 c1

More
12 Nov 2007 17:23 #180763 by kawtoy
I think it would be best to do the test as close to Steve as possible. Two reasons for this. #1 is keeping the miles off of his bike (less miles equals less chance of something bad happening). #2 if it is cold I wouldn't have to ride as far (selfish I know but remember I am still a southern boy). I would love to come by and check out you project. I do powdercoating and sand blasting so maybe I can help you out later if needed.

More
12 Nov 2007 17:43 #180765 by kawsakiman
beer?
bikes?
kzr guys?

wish this was at the begining of summer instead of the ass end of it.

"He just doesn't want to admit that he moved from Clarksville TN to Upstate NY "

kodaktown will get you.
you will be assimilated.