'Tis true, sadly enough. . .

• KaZooCruiser
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Nov 2007 13:35 #179450 by KaZooCruiser
'Tis true, sadly enough. . . was created by KaZooCruiser
Thursday morning, about 7:20 a.m., on my way to work. I turn left onto a two lane road with a speed limit of 35 mph. I notice a bike behind me, and after a quarter mile or so of me travelling at the speed limit, the biker decides driving at the speed limit is too slow for him. So, he downshifts, hits the gas and zips past me, crossing a double yellow line to do so, speeding off at about 60 mph, as I watch his tailight on his high-powered sportbike disappear down the road.

About a mile later, the road ends, and golly, I see him turn left, the same way I need to turn. So now I am following him at a casual pace.

Another third of a mile, and I see him turn right onto another road, this time just in front of me, as we had to wait for traffic to clear. Now the fun starts.

He's in the left turn lane, waiting for the light to change, I guess to make a left turn. I pull up alongside him in the right lane, roll my window down, and wave at him while yelling, HI! I'M THE GUY YOU PASSED ILLEGALLY BACK THERE. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WIN THE RACE TO THE RED LIGHT? ALL THAT SPEEDING DIDN'T DO YOU A BIT OF GOOD, DID IT? I roll a little bit forward. . .

<snicker>

I hear the f**ck you, and then this clown rides over into my lane next to me. Now he wants to talk about it. . .

I ask him what business does he have driving like that back there. He says if I have a problem with it we can discuss it with a cop.

I say, there's a cop around here?

He says, yeah, there's one right behind you.

Without missing a beat, I say, Are you sure you want me to discuss the way you were driving three minutes ago in front of a cop?

Then he says, I've been riding bikes since I was thirteen. I think, so that means you can break the law?

I say, Dude, I ride a bike too, and I would NEVER pull the S***t you just did, what you did gives a bad name to biker's everywhere.

The light changes.

He pulls in BEHIND ME. So now I am in front of him. AGAIN.

We pull past the light and then he finds a place to turn around and maybe think about what happened.

Post edited by: KaZooCruiser, at: 2007/11/03 16:47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2007 14:14 #179457 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
And he's riding the bike like he's thirteen!!! :woohoo:

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
03 Nov 2007 15:53 #179468 by jjdwoodman
Replied by jjdwoodman on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
Showing people what they're doing wrong is seldom pleasant, but it's a very small price to pay if he opens his eyes and that saves his life someday.:P

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
03 Nov 2007 17:22 #179477 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
Well, I doubt that a dolt like that would pause and reflect on where he went wrong....but I guess stranger things have happened....:unsure:
You did your part, KazooCruiser....now it's up to the dolt to do his.

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
03 Nov 2007 18:33 #179485 by JR
Replied by JR on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
Yes there are a**h*les everywhere and sadly some are riding motorcycles.
This afternoon was just beautiful and I went out on the bike for a blast on the backroads. I'm coming back into town and slowing for the 60km speed limit sign and a slowing car ahead when another bike comes up fast behind me. Now it's just a two lane country road and I'm right where I should be in the lane i.e. just to the left of centre when the guy blasts by me on the inside on my right then passes out the car ahead on the left. Dont know what he was riding except it was big V twin and he was wearing one of those stupid little beanie helmets. I was stunned. What a jerk and probably an even bigger jerk when he's behind the wheel of a car. Yes, they are everywhere. Sad but true

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
03 Nov 2007 20:16 #179504 by jordan
Replied by jordan on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
Bluemeanie wrote:

And he's riding the bike like he's thirteen!!! :woohoo:

Wow there bluemeanie! There are some responsible thirteen year olds:huh: When I got my kz 750, I was kinda afraid of it at first. After a year or two though I can admit that I began to push its limits, seeing what it could do. Now I am building a gsxr/kz 810 project. Lets see what that can do:evil: Nothing stupid though for sure

KZ810 streetfighter kz/gpz/gsxr
1983 gs1100e
1979 KZ 1000 1428 dragbike project
1974 kawasaki H1 500 sold :(
1972 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1973 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1982 kz750(sold)
1978 kz650 hardtail(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

More
03 Nov 2007 20:25 #179505 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
JR wrote:

Yes there are a**h*les everywhere...Yes, they are everywhere....

If missed in other thread :ohmy:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
06 Nov 2007 09:40 #179859 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
Maybe I'm admitting too much to you all, but I live for daylight on a bike. It's not about speed, it's about the view.
If I'm behind a cage and there's open road ahead of him, I'm passing. Don't care about the speed limit, or the double yellow. The bike goes by so fast that I'm not in danger from oncoming traffic. I just can't stand riding behind a car (or worse, a truck) when I could be looking at open spaces ahead.
If it's a long line of traffic, and there's no chance for freedom, then I don't bother.
If I'm riding with others, then I obey the law, and behave, because I won't ask others to break the rules.
If I'm in a cage and a bike rides up behind me, I expect him to pass, and I'll stay right to give him room.
If the cager I pass give me the finger, I just figure he wishes he was me.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
More
06 Nov 2007 10:23 #179866 by Grantl
Replied by Grantl on topic 'Tis true, sadly enough. . .
I can see both sides of this issue. I think the distinction comes from the difference in responsible riding and reckless riding. We have all seen the squids doing ridiculously dangerous stunts on public streets and we have all done a quick downshift and pulled out to pass a cage or two when it was safe to do so.
I certainly ride my bike faster through the canyons than most cars can comfortably go, and I guage when it is safe to pass. On the other hand, when I drive my car through the canyons, I expect that bikers will pull up behind my car and they too will pass me when it is safe.
Tim (LTDRider) and I have ridden together on several rides this year. We both have similar riding styles and don't do provocative things unless both of us are comfortable with the manuever. Several times we have had to cut through slow or stopped traffic or pull out and pass other vehicles that are just poking along. To me, its about enjoying the ride but not putting yourself or your riding partner in a dangerous situation.
The only thing I do differently to any of this is when I am riding pillion with my wife. I am trying to introduce her to riding again after an absence of 25 years. When she is on the back I make it a point not to do anything that will scare her away from the "experience" of riding.

1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P