Watch them Kmart shoppers!

More
31 Oct 2007 10:42 #178969 by tjhiggin
Replied by tjhiggin on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
riverroad wrote:

Maybe I should carry a little squeeze bottle full of paint remover.:evil:

Hmm, not a bad idea. I'm thinking brake fluid...

T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2007 11:23 #178975 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
riverroad wrote:

Patmann, To me, that about sounds like attempted murder. In my view, you would have had a right to shoot the SOB.

I was scared for my life. That I will never deny, not to my dying day!! If someone doubted it, you should have seen my underware. And Steve, my buddy, said the same thing. We both were so shaken up by it, we headed home to the small town safety by back roads and never did go the last ten miles to see those sweet young ladies who had promised us... well never mind what they promised.. ;)
Who knows, I might have married one of them and the guy saved my life and I didn't even know it :P
Pat

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

More
31 Oct 2007 11:37 #178977 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
otakar, I worked "egress" on the F4's back in the early 70's. Loved that bird, still to this day it would give newer jets a run for thier money!

Here's my story, back in the early 80's I was coming home from work in Albuquerque. Three lane city street, I was in the middle lane. Traffic was heavy so I was boxed in (always like to have an out) Cruising along and I noticed this lady in a Mercedes to my right slowely starting to come into my lane without even looking. I hit my horn (you know these old KZ horns) and then hit it again but she kept coming over, still not looking. I was running out of room real fast and had to do something quickly! I finally planted my foot right into her drivers door real hard! (almost knocked myself over!) Caved in her door pretty good. Well, that got her attention real fast! She gave me the dirtiest look in the world and motioned me to pull over. I was pretty pissed and gladly complied. We pull over and before I could even say anything she starts screaming about her Mercedes. I explain my situation but she does not care that she almost killed me. Someone had called the cops and here he comes. Lo and behold it's a motorcycle cop! She is still pissed and screaming and the cop asked me what happened first. I told my story and he just says not to worry about it and that I could go! I gave him my information and left. I'm sure he gave her a lecture about motorcycles. I never heard a single thing from her or her insurance company. B)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
31 Oct 2007 12:04 #178983 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
Bluemeanie wrote:

otakar, I worked "egress" on the F4's back in the early 70's. Loved that bird, still to this day it would give newer jets a run for thier money!

Oryginal MOS 6060 Marin Baker and NES-8B RSSK-8 LR-1 and soforth What is it with Kaws and F-4s Maybe because Kawasaki built the F-4EJ:woohoo:

Otto

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000
Attachments:

More
31 Oct 2007 16:18 #179021 by Batman
Replied by Batman on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
riverroad wrote:

Maybe I should carry a little squeeze bottle full of paint remover.:evil:

Acetone. . .;)

More
31 Oct 2007 17:49 #179040 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
FN five seven

cpacity 20 5.7x28mm armor peircing rounds

will shoot thru any kevlar protected radiator or windshild, low recoil for quick one handed follow up shots, 2o round mag so no need to relode, so light you'll forget your carrying it.

best biker handgun by far, my uncle carrys one. patmann wrote:

Well... since we are telling stories...
Back in 1978 a buddy and I headed up to the Shitcago area of Illinois on our 1000 LTD's to see some young ladies we had met at a Foghat concert. Some moron decides it's cool to get right up on our ass @ 70+ mph not more than eight feet off our butts. I couldn't even see his front bumper , he was that close!!
So we nail it and get through traffic and settle in in front of a truck going the same speed. Then the same jerk in the car squeezes his car in behind us:dry: WTF??
The truck driver layed on the horn and brakes to let him in.
He gets up within a few feet of us @ 70mph again.
Well I nail it on my bike and he heads after me for some reason. So I open it up to over 100 mph ( not WOT by any means but still moving fast in big city traffic ) and he keeps cutting cars off and swerving through traffic to catch me:blink: :huh: :S
Now I'm running over 100 and he's STILL coming after me like a mad man.. So... I unsnapped my Buck knife and when he was right on my ass I threw it as hard as I could at his windsheild. All I saw was the windsheild turn "white" and the front of the car go down and over to the side of the road.
My buddy caught up to me at our exit at a gas station.
He said the guy was ok (I'm thinking, damn it at the time, but I am glad no one died ) when he went by a minute or two after it happened. But was holding a tire iron in his hand. We figured he must have thought I cut him off or something to get a total stranger that mad at me.
Steve ( my buddy ) said that I didn't cut anybody off, since we are VERY careful and ALWAYS use turn signals and look, look and look before we change lanes.
We just couldn't figure it out:blink: :dry: Why chase someone like that??
I called the cops when I got home and told them what happened ( CYA sort of thing ). They seemed to care less... the officer said "if you were afraid for your life, you did the right thing" or something to that affect.
Needless to say, I don't like riding in big cities now:whistle:
Pat<br><br>Post edited by: patmann, at: 2007/10/31 14:25

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/10/31 20:50

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!
Attachments:

More
01 Nov 2007 19:12 - 28 Aug 2009 23:53 #179216 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2009 23:53 by KZ250LTD.

• oldkaws4ever
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
01 Nov 2007 20:44 #179223 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!
I was out riding with my girlfriend the other day And i was on rte 83 were it goes from 3 lanes to 2 lanes (Otakar you'll know were im talking about), and i was in the middle lane buzzing along, and some CU** in a Bmw seen me, and continued to whip over, and forced me in the other lane. After a few unpleasent words i kicked her door and clicked it down in 4th gear and cracked the throttle and took off. Unbenounced to me there was an Illinois state Trooper behind her and he seen the whole thing. When i seen him light up his cherry's and blueberry's i said good dumb bitch got what she deserved. Well i decided to turn around and see what the cop was doing to her, when i was comming towards them i seen the trooper in my lane flagging me down, I thought shit he seen me kick her door now im fu****. I pulled over and got off and he came up and said i seen what happened back there, then there was a pause then he said i dont blame you one bit. Wheww that was a releif. The cop was a seasoned rider so he knew were i was coming from when i kicked her door, he told me to take off and he would handle it. I was at the Shell station today getting gas, and low and be-hold there was the trooper, i went over and started chatting with him, i found out he gave her a ticket for unsafe lane change and she had expired liscence plate tags!!!!!!. He said he really bitched her out for putting my life along with every body's life in danger. He asked me what do u think she said?????????? She was late to a hair appoitment, and she wanted him to "speed it up" He told me he took his sweet ass time.

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
02 Nov 2007 13:38 #179330 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Watch them Kmart shoppers!

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments: