KZ in the \"Quarter\" tonight.

• Skyman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
12 Oct 2007 21:31 #175971 by Skyman
I'm in New Orleans tonight on a business trip. Took a stroll down Bourbon St and came to that corner where all the bikers park. As I approached, in the distance, I thought I saw a KZ wedged between the masses of chrome and leather on both sides. As I got closer, I realized it actually was a nice KZ1000-B3, bone stock, in very good shape. Original black paint, blue/gold pinstripes. 10K miles.

I wanted to talk to the owner, but he wasn't around. I waited around for about 20 minutes hoping the guy would show up. It was interesting to watch the crowds walking by admiring the bikes. I swear the KZ drew the most interest. It was the only thing there that really looked "different" and stood out. I chatted with another guy there who said he knew the owner, but didn't know where he was.

So I went to get some dinner. Afterwards I came back to the corner and saw the KZ owner sitting on his bike drinking a beer. He was an older gentleman who said he loves riding his bike, but wasn't really into working on them like a lot of us are. When I first approached him, I asked if it was a "B3". He said, "No, It's a KZ1000". :blink:

Real nice guy, but I was frankly a little disappointed. I was hoping to "talk gears" with him, but he wasn't really into that side of it.

West Linn, OR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2007 01:03 #175976 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic KZ in the \"Quarter\" tonight.
Yup Skyman...I have been there too (and I don't mean New Orleans, although I have spent many bleary days there)...when I lived in Port Charlotte (FLA) I saw a fellow getting on a nice KZ1000E2 so I ambled over to him to chat bikes...I said "nice E bike" and he replied "no, it's a shaftie"...so I smiled and he rode away....:whistle:

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
13 Oct 2007 05:47 #175988 by outatimeoutlaw
Replied by outatimeoutlaw on topic KZ in the \"Quarter\" tonight.
I went ridin last fall w my brother & his church group. It was a great ride from no Houston down to Surfside, then rode the length of Galveston island. Anyway, when we stopped for gas, another group came into the same c=store & they all walked over from the other side of the lot to look over my Spectre. Only one of them had ever seen one. Man I gotta tell ya I had to rub it in that I have been ridein this bike for 5 years with just batteries brake pads & tires, thanks to the help I got on this site.
Attachments:

More
15 Oct 2007 10:26 #176263 by tjhiggin
Replied by tjhiggin on topic KZ in the \"Quarter\" tonight.
Spectres are way cool. Wish I could have found one when I was looking for a bike this summer, but none to be had in a reasonable distance. I love my KZ but my first choice would have been a Spectre.

T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4