New bike to the collection

More
07 Oct 2007 19:01 #175121 by limitfish
New bike to the collection was created by limitfish
Guys I'm picking up a 2000 ZRX1100 next weekend. I need another bike like I need a hole in the head, but what the hell you only live once and why not have a good time doing it. Was wondering if any of you out there own one or have owned one in the past and what are your thoughts on this machine? It is a one owner, older gentleman, and all stock with quite a few new regular maintainence parts (brakes, chain&sprockets, fork seals, and rear tire). I was looking for a low maintainence just get on and ride bike and I've heard these fit that roll.

Thanks, Tom.

1985 ZX 750 Turbo ( just damn fun to ride )
1978 KZ650 C2 (mild restore for now, work ride)
1973 H1 (some day this will be a nice bike)
1977 KE 250 ( resto project, someday
2014 HD streetglide (on order)
Located on the banks of the muddy Mississippi, LeClaire,IA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2007 19:38 #175127 by bob_z1
Replied by bob_z1 on topic New bike to the collection
great bikes....
bought one new in 99, unfortunately I totaled it in 02.
very low maint, just regular oil change good to go. lots of good mods available too.

`

More
08 Oct 2007 10:31 #175211 by ZRX1979
Replied by ZRX1979 on topic New bike to the collection
You'll love it!

Have owned two 2000's. Currently about to break 50k miles on my current one. Recently did a trip from LA to Oregon in four days. Worked like a champ. Will be doing a Keith Code school later this month to show you just how versatile the bike is. Street, strip, tour, whatever you ask of it.

Come visit us at the owners club, www.zrxoa.com

Armand
SoCal Contingent
Los Angeles, CA

2000 ZRX1100
1978 KZ1R <-- Need to get it running

More
08 Oct 2007 18:16 #175292 by peachc
Replied by peachc on topic New bike to the collection
I just picked up a 2005 ZRX1200 about a month ago and fell in love with it. It is amazing to have the old Japanese look, with new brakes! I have yet to take it for a longer then 200 mile ride, but I can definately tell how it is fun adn the power will surprise you. I was use to my KZ1000CSR and one quick flick of the wrist the front end got up on me and scared the crap out of me the first time out. Just need to remember to respect the power and all is well!