First Video (Complete now!)

More
24 Sep 2007 21:26 #172684 by AR15Ron
First Video (Complete now!) was created by AR15Ron
So I bought that $80 video camera I wrote about in another thread. Need to do some more work on damping the camera I think. Video is pretty crapp IMO but I'll post it anyway :) Camera was mounted to the headlight. This is part one of about 10 parts due to size limitations on Youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=9xxYWo3Po9g

Ok, I forgot how to embed the video, sorry ;)

Post edited by: AR15Ron, at: 2007/09/25 00:33

Post edited by: AR15Ron, at: 2007/09/26 04:13

Post edited by: AR15Ron, at: 2007/09/28 00:11

Post edited by: AR15Ron, at: 2007/09/29 12:14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2007 21:48 #172687 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic First Video
AR15Ron, that's a lot better video than what they had on their webpage. It wasn't as wobbly as I thought it would be mounting on the headlight. Nice job.
Ride safe

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
24 Sep 2007 22:05 #172688 by AR15Ron
Replied by AR15Ron on topic First Video
I'm gonna try putting something under the camera too to cut down the vibration. I'm a little surprised how loud the sound is. Sounds kind of weird tho. Anyway, thanks :)

More
25 Sep 2007 01:44 #172696 by fixer5000
Replied by fixer5000 on topic First Video
i think some of that sound was electrical noise from your plugs!! otherwise not bad...steve

1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

More
25 Sep 2007 10:54 #172772 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic First Video
Good first attempt.
The sound is really good, compared to my attempts. Did you use a microphone? The engine/exhaust can be heard very well. Also your wind noise is low. Did you do something to block the wind?

Here are my attempts:
youtube.com/watch?v=woCwGWDAjOs
youtube.com/watch?v=yDUYcQ1j8Ao

I used a single bracket off the top shock mount. I wanted to be near the exhaust to get the sound.
Needs some work as my leg is hogging the picture. :laugh: Wind noise gets to be a problem as well.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
25 Sep 2007 11:35 #172779 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic First Video
AR15Ron wrote:

I'm gonna try putting something under the camera too to cut down the vibration. I'm a little surprised how loud the sound is. Sounds kind of weird tho. Anyway, thanks :)

Real good!
There's no way I could mount a camera on my headlight... way to jittery. But your video looked pretty smooth.
You picked a perfect day for a ride. Thanks for taking us along.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
25 Sep 2007 20:32 #172870 by AR15Ron
rstnick wrote:

Good first attempt.
The sound is really good, compared to my attempts. Did you use a microphone? The engine/exhaust can be heard very well. Also your wind noise is low. Did you do something to block the wind?

Here are my attempts:
youtube.com/watch?v=woCwGWDAjOs
youtube.com/watch?v=yDUYcQ1j8Ao

I used a single bracket off the top shock mount. I wanted to be near the exhaust to get the sound.
Needs some work as my leg is hogging the picture. :laugh: Wind noise gets to be a problem as well.

Yeah I was surprised the exhaust was that loud being the camera is mounted as far away as it can get. I used this little camera I bought off newegg, mic is built in, comes with various mounting options. I'm actually using the helmet strap around the headlight bucket. Here's a link to the camera:
Action Camera
I didnt do anything at all other than mount the camera :) The only thing I was disapointed with is the handlebar bracket it comes with is WAY too big for my handlebars.

More
25 Sep 2007 20:37 #172872 by AR15Ron
Replied by AR15Ron on topic First Video (Here's part 2)
Part 2 posted.. this takes forever to edit and forever to upload.. I'm workin on it :)

Video Part 2 on Youtube

More
25 Sep 2007 20:46 #172874 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic First Video
cool ron!
someday i will buy a digital camcorder and post the sound of my x-pipe.

only thing i can say is
SHIFT, DAMMIT, SHIFT!

:P

real cool, i found myself leaning in my chair along with this video.

thanks for sharing that.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
26 Sep 2007 03:58 #172908 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic First Video
I have the camera pointing backward. It's much easier to mount on the passenger seat and it gets good action shots while my 550 puts my friend's CB750 to shame at every launch. That's him coming into frame on the left. The other bike at the begining is a Honda Hawk 400.

That's us exiting lower Wacker Drive. It's a very bumpy stretch in the middle, but the camera doesn't get too upset.

Here's how I mounted it. The plate gets bungied to the rear seat and the strap on top is doubled up with velcro. It's very sturdy and easy to slip the camera in and out of the mount.

Being behind me, it gets a little protection from wind noise too. When I had it mountedon the tank, with a foam pad, there was much more wind noise.

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/09/26 07:14
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2007 20:58 #173100 by AR15Ron
Hah, I enjoyed those. Neat lookin camera, what is it?

More
27 Sep 2007 07:08 #173156 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic First Video
It's a cheap Aiptek dv4500. It was like $100 a few years ago. You can find them at Walgreens or Target, probably Walmart. They are so cheap they don't usually put them by the camcorders. They usually put them with disposable cameras etc. Mine came with a tripod, headphones, cord to hookup to the computer, cord to hook up to a tv, padded case. It requires a 500meg memory card (which gives about 45min to an hour of record time). You can play the videos directly on a tv or record to a vcr, or it can be loaded and edited on a computer through a USB port (it also has built-in LCD screen and speaker to watch it immediately). It's truly amazing for the price. It's also a still photo camera with built-in flash, web camera, audio recorder, MP3player... and the batteries (2 AA) last a decent amount of time.

The DV4500 is probably upgraded to something else now so look up Aiptek and see what's out there. With no moving parts and being self contained, it's perfect for the bike. I tried other expensive camcorders and the parts get scrambled by vibration.

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/09/27 10:12