another kz

More
20 Sep 2007 18:51 #171864 by nads.com
another kz was created by nads.com
5 blocks from my house i saw a 78z1000 3years ago. I asked the guy and he said he might sell it. He never called. last year he had a rummage sale and the bike was on a trailer across the street. He told me he just got it back and it did'nt run, the guy that bought it tried to rewire it. I said i'd buy it and would be back in a month. He wanted five hundred for it and i think it had 20some thou on the clock. Yesterday i stopped buy (year and a half later) He said he still had it and he got into an accident with another bike and wanted to get rid of it. I told him i'd buy it and he took my number. Score. That bike is complete and in very good condition. This one is going to for anyone who wants to ride with me. There is a guy here in ND that has a load of bikes and parts in an old building. He has alot of stuff. alot of 650bikes and motors and many many more. It's just a hobby to him and he is rarely ever at the place. I got his number and adress and all that. I got one 650 running for him and replaced the top end on a 900 and shimmed a z13 for him. He sold those bikes and made good. few yrs ago he was outside playing with an rd350. The bike was mint. He sold that one on ebay for good money. Noticed he has a couple kaw triples setting out in the yard too. It's a shame he doesn't have a roof over the yard. His building is crammed with bikes too. Friend of mine a block away called and asked me for help with a yamaha he got for his son's birthday. I went over and turns out it's an rd350. He did'nt know what the bike was or of it's history. It was practically mint. I cleaned and set the carbs and it ran like a new bike. His son traded it for a car. None of us even rode the dang thing, what a shame when you don't have money at hand. That bikes probly sittin in a garage somewhere with no rider for it. I know of a couple more bikes, a 900 and 1000ltd that might still be around. Some day i'd like to own them all cuz what am i gonna do if mine breaks? The 900 I have is proved to be the toughest bike engine i know of. Earnhardt needs a four pack of these under his hood im thinkin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2007 20:04 #171882 by z1rick
Replied by z1rick on topic another kz
I know how you feel, every time a good deal slips by me I feel bad:( I always keep my eyes and ears open , hoping to find a good deal on another old collectible bike.;)

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
22 Sep 2007 21:27 #172284 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic another kz
A stone Kawi-phreak I know rides into the bike salvage yard where I work on an absolutely gorgeous KZ1000A1 in the black with gold stripes paint. It has ~ 30K miles on the clock and is bone-stock except for an oil cooler and recovered seat (and modern tires, of course). He bought it off the second owner about 2 weeks ago. I said if I'd seen it, he wouldn't have had a look-in. Maybe next time....:laugh:
He said it'd never be for sale again in HIS lifetime....

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
24 Sep 2007 13:52 #172603 by Mellvis
Replied by Mellvis on topic another kz
I get a high out of rescuing old bikes, cars, trucks, tractors..... I love old technology/mechanical stuff. How did we get so far from the simple, cool stuff?
One of my favorite projects was the Triumph chop I loved and "dealt" with. 1968 Daytona 500. It was a hard tail with about a 6-inch over frontend.
Attachments:

More
24 Sep 2007 16:13 #172632 by Talman
Replied by Talman on topic another kz
Mellvis wrote:

I get a high out of rescuing old bikes, cars, trucks, tractors..... I love old technology/mechanical stuff. How did we get so far from the simple, cool stuff?
One of my favorite projects was the Triumph chop I loved and "dealt" with. 1968 Daytona 500. It was a hard tail with about a 6-inch over frontend.

Now THAT'S what a chopper is supposed to look like.

Post edited by: Talman, at: 2007/09/24 19:13

1976 KZ 400 (Free, free, free...needs major work)
2004 Intruder Volusia
ex- 1976 KZ 400 Hot rod (Owned by return2ridin before me and Wolfencopter after me. Does anyone have it now
?)
ex- 1978 KZ 200
Bergen County, NJ

Aint no time to hate....barely time to wait