Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My first ride on a Gpz turbo 31 Aug 2007 20:03 #167661

• gpzinfested
  • gpzinfested's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I told Steell that I was going to post my awesome experience on a 1984 Gpz750 turbo. Well I am a truck mechanic and a driver owns a turbo bike and he just bought my boss's harley and so he was thinking about selling the bike to me. Now let me explain how Cherry this bike is this guy keeps every thing he owns showroom material he bought the bike brand new and it only has 17000 miles on it and VERY well maintained he was going to sell it to me for 2500.00 but he changed his mind when he rode to show he said but after I rode I told him that it would be very stupid of hem to sell it but if he changed his mind I am very interested in it!!!! but anyways I keep a helmet in my car and my bike jacket for these occasions Well he let me take a spend on the bike and of course I took it easy since it isn't mine:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I got about mile away I open it up a little to see how comparable it is to my "Special" bike and with a good tune up I think my bike might be able to keep up with it but that is not the point. Well I am going towards a place called Eaton and a Harley is riding my ass this is after I turn off the st.highway I said harley wants to play ya right:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I opened it up I hit 6000 and I was gone then I came to a road called go really fast road and this road is completely straight right :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I looked be hind me and made sure nothing behind me and I opened it up In second gear the front wheel came up I was rocketing In less than a half little more than a quarter I was around 130mph or so it was so smooth I would have still been in it but I ran out of road:( :( :(

Well that is my little story I get to share with all of the vintage bike lovers It really made my day:) :) :) I would post a picture if I had one but I am sure all u can imagine how great this bike looked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My first ride on a Gpz turbo 01 Sep 2007 14:57 #167785

• z1rick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Personal note: keep a camera in the trunk with jacket and helmet:P Great story, too bad he isn't going to sell it to you:( May be some day he will change his mind;)
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

My first ride on a Gpz turbo 01 Sep 2007 20:29 #167871

• bob_z1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
just had my Turbo750 out today.....
love that bike
got it about 9 years ago and don't plan to sell it anytime soon :P

• Page: