Buy The Parts Bike Too!

More
06 Sep 2007 15:09 #169034 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Buy The Parts Bike Too!
The bike that was stolen was sitting on the side of the road and a wrecker from the next county hooked on to it and took it to thier yard. It was sold a couple of times with no title and the last buyer is the one who called the owner.
The state police investigated and no charges were filed against anyone. It seems the wrecker service has some very important friends.

On another note, While in Texas delivering a Venture Royale to a friend i learned of three bikes for sale for $200.00. I went to look at the bikes and there were two Ninja 250's and a 1100 Yamaha. The Yamaha runs. One Ninja is a 2004 model and had a fork broke and radiator damage. The other bike has the parts to Fix the 04. The 04 has 93 miles.The Yamaha has 11,000 miles. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2007 03:25 #171494 by roy-b-boy-b
I rode the Ninja 67 miles Friday. It's alright for a local scooter. I need to try and install the fork seals this week.
Good news from Texas. The guy i bought the bikes from has a bunch of bikes he wants to get rid of. I could only see a few when i was down there but i am going to take a 16' trailer and load it up. Roy

More
19 Sep 2007 03:54 #171497 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Buy The Parts Bike Too!
Your wife must be out of town. :P

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
19 Sep 2007 19:00 #171651 by Skypilot54
Replied by Skypilot54 on topic Buy The Parts Bike Too!
YES..YES..YES...Always take the parts bike too!!!

More
27 Sep 2007 18:29 #173249 by roy-b-boy-b
I got home yesterday and the K+N air filters were on the front porch. The resident carb guru sent me two sets of jets to up my gas volume also.
I installed the jets and the air filters and the bike really moves. Now i can do my little trick of burning tires and smiling a lot!
Last week a friend of mine got on the bike and i cranked it for him. He gets on every bike i buy and just lets it run. Not that day. He took off and i told another friend standing there that if Jeff gouged on the throttle he was going to bust his butt. 15 seconds later Jeff was on the ground. He had road rash on his knees,elbows,and chin. I had to laugh. He offered to pay me $500.00 for the bike. He had to go home from work and dig gravel out of his skin.:sick:
He busted the fairing,brake pedal, and pulse coils.
When he got back from his house he was wrapped up like a mummy. We could not keep from laughing.
He had the cash to pay for the bike but i told him to give me $40.00. He gave me $50.00.
I told him i didn't want 1/4 of the worth of the bike. It's still funny.;)
I saw him today and there are some nice scars forming.
He races a dirt track car and his number is 23. They took a picture of the Ninja and put a number 23 on the photo. It's going to be his Christmas bonus.
I offered him the keys to the bike and he declined.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
15 Oct 2007 19:19 #176333 by roy-b-boy-b
I installed the header and have to work keeping the wheel on the ground. The bike runs sweet but is still butt ugly. I've put about 500 miles on it and it's a blast.
I am going to pull the front end and change the fork oil.I've been polishing a piece of alunimun every time i work on it, I'll pull the swingarm off the parts bike and shine it up.
I'll ride this thing until i finish my KZ or find another KZ to ride. Roy

Attachments:

More
16 Oct 2007 06:54 #176398 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Buy The Parts Bike Too!
Note that only the pros have matching bike and helmet graphics... Geesh, Roy, you will look like a 16 year old on that thing bwhahahaha I would think at your age, you would be looking for a Harley! I heard there was a nice Sporty for sale down at the bank! hehe

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
16 Oct 2007 07:00 #176401 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic Buy The Parts Bike Too!
:laugh: Well he won't look too bad if he loses the fairing, puts on a king and queen seat, sissy bar, apehangers and forward controls...

More
16 Oct 2007 13:11 #176491 by roy-b-boy-b
That's Jamies helmet. Roy

More
18 Oct 2007 17:29 #176979 by roy-b-boy-b
After working on the fuel tand for several days using 45 ft. of brazing rod(tanks are near impossible to find) and then sealing the tank with fiberglass resin i think i am good to go with this tank.(four pounds heaver)The other tank was carried to the radiator shop by the previous owner to be repaired and the repairman tried to pop a dent out of the tank using compressed air (I know better than that)and swelled the tank so bad the fairing wouldn't bolt up.
So while waiting for the resin to set up i polished parts.There is more to polish than i would have thought. What a man will do when he gets bored.

Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2008 04:38 - 10 Mar 2008 04:42 #199274 by roy-b-boy-b
Well, I sold the ninja yesterday for a $1000.00. He got the parts bike too! I have had a lot of fun riding the bike and the bike gave me a lot to do in my spare time.
I have been working on my street fighter so i can save some gas. My new job is 23 miles one way and i like to ride and save gas.
I was going to polish the head and valve cover and was ready to paint the bike but the buyer wanted the bike like it was. That is ok with me. Roy

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2008 04:42 by roy-b-boy-b. Reason: No Image

More
10 Mar 2008 04:47 #199275 by roy-b-boy-b
Maybe a pic later.