Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Irked bordering on Irate 14 Aug 2007 19:55 #163965

• billz
  • billz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Well today was one of those days. Where the dog gets you up an hour and half early, then you go ride the KZ to work and it starts pouring gas somewhere around the carbs, so I had to take the truck (not too bad since it was 102 today). So I find out I'm getting a new boss that doesn't sound anymore qualified than me except she's from outside and meets other standards that a 54 yo male doesn't. So I go home a little early and find out I had a split gas line. Replace the lines, no more gas leaking.

While I'm there I got to thinking I don't remember folding the washer back over the countershaft nut a few weeks ago when I was tinkering. So I take the footpeg, shift lever and cover off. Nope I hadn't and it was a little loose (thankfully I had only ridden maybe 20 miles since I had it apart). So I take the sheet metal cover off and tighten the nut up, and then bend the washer up locking it in. So as I'm putting the bolts on the inner cover I stripped one. Not spinning in the hole stripped but not being able to tighten it fully stripped. 1st stripped bolt on the bike in the 31 years I've had it.

Put back together and wash up. Now I'm going to bed.
Tomorrow's another day & it will be better cause we're ripping the road up to the office!

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Irked bordering on Irate 15 Aug 2007 15:37 #164122

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well look at the bright side with the new boss.
Sexual harrassment suit.
Free $$$$$:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: