Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Taking the bike to the track? 07 Aug 2007 06:30 #162215

• cafekz750
  • cafekz750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been thinking about trying out the race track to satisfy my need for speed. I was wondering who here goes to track days or races their bike(s)? I know that Z1Rider has posted about racing at Brainerd which is close to me or anyone tried Road America? I would like to know the "real" cost of riding the bike around the track. If anyone could give me information, I would appreciate it. I would probably aquire a bike for this purpose and I have a truck for hauling the bike to the track.
1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taking the bike to the track? 08 Aug 2007 06:51 #162478

• Z1R rider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
here's an outfit that runs "track days" at different tracks in the central area of US, including Brainard. Track Addix
a day at the track is around $175, but before you can go onto the track with these guys you first have to have track experiance or take their track school (about $400), which takes amost all of the first day. Must have all the riding (racing) equipment, leathers, gloves, lid, boots, and should have good tires. And the price of gas to get to the track if your not close to start with. And then there's aways the chance of a get off, $$$$$$$. I've had a few of the guys get me sh_t about riding a collectable bike on the track, but I don't ride at 10/10ths.
1978 KZ1000, Z1R
1999 250 Ninja race bike
2013 WR250F, fun in the dirt

Taking the bike to the track? 08 Aug 2007 07:24 #162486

• cafekz750
  • cafekz750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the good info and the link. I did a quick search yesterday and didn't run across Track Addix.
The price sounds reasonable, provided that a person keeps the rubber side down.;)
Do you ride on the track much? What are your impressions of track riding?
Anyone else?
1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles

Taking the bike to the track? 08 Aug 2007 08:54 #162501

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
You might try looking here...
www.sportbiketracktime.com/

I've also attended Class Riding School taught by former AMA Champion Reg Pridmore. It's considered an "advanced street riding class" but takes place in a track. I took it about 4 years ago at Mid-Ohio. It was well worth the $$. www.classrides.com/

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Taking the bike to the track? 08 Aug 2007 16:57 #162593

• cnyl
  • User
Z1R rider wrote:

here's an outfit that runs "track days" at different tracks in the central area of US, including Brainard. Track Addix
a day at the track is around $175, but before you can go onto the track with these guys you first have to have track experiance or take their track school (about $400), which takes amost all of the first day. Must have all the riding (racing) equipment, leathers, gloves, lid, boots, and should have good tires. And the price of gas to get to the track if your not close to start with. And then there's aways the chance of a get off, $$$$$$$. I've had a few of the guys get me sh_t about riding a collectable bike on the track, but I don't ride at 10/10ths.

My buddies go Here in FL. If you've never had track experience you get put in the beginner class.The first half of the day you get both classroom time and time on the track following the instuctors. They teach you the lines, braking and the do's and don'ts.
The 2nd half of the day you're out there in the beginner class with no instructers... Unless you want them to follow you.
I think the price is usually around $150 and that icludes the training.
I want to go bad!

Post edited by: cnyl, at: 2007/08/08 19:57

Post edited by: cnyl, at: 2007/08/08 19:59

Post edited by: cnyl, at: 2007/08/08 20:00
1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

Taking the bike to the track? 08 Aug 2007 18:04 #162620

• Z1R rider
  • User
cafekz750 wrote:

Do you ride on the track much? What are your impressions of track riding?
Anyone else?

Didn't go at all last year or this year, have only been to BIR a couple times and MAM (Mid America Motorplex)four or five times. I like MAM better as it's smaller and has 14 turns to BIRs 10 turns and huge straight and near full honk turns 1 & 2 which are intimadaters. I can honestly say every time has been a hoot!!!:woohoo: I'm always a little nervous but it goes away after a few laps of Sunday driving, and as you get more comfortable the pace quickens and before you know it your dragging things!B), pegs and pipes are first, and while all your friends are lowering their bikes you'll be looking for ways to get a little more cornering clearance and quicken the steering without making it twitchy, saw a fellow on an FJ1300 that wore the outside edge off his boot soles! :pinch: What I found amazing was how much faster the newer 600s are than my 1105, totally kicked my a$$, power wise it will run with most SV650s if they're not breathed on to much. That said a good rider on a poor bike will outrun a poor rider on a good bike!! (and my bike aint that bad!):P

ps; don't forget to put the sidestand up!! (unless your looking for a REAL thrill)

:woohoo:
1978 KZ1000, Z1R
1999 250 Ninja race bike
2013 WR250F, fun in the dirt

• Page: