Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Had A Great Ride Last Night 29 Jun 2007 22:52 #153826

• reborn650
  • reborn650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Gang - On thursday I finally got out for a ride with fellow member 1262Tom last night. Tom lives in my hometown and has one sweet Gpz1100 with Wiseco cylinders and big bore kit. He also has 34 mm flatsides on the bike that has one of the nicest candy apple red-Gpz paint scheme. He did this bike just right.

Tom and I were just scooting around town and after a little highway squirt we swapped bikes, he on my 650/810 and I swung a leg over his big bore Gpz.

The bars on his bike are wider than my superbike bars and it took a little getting used to the 1/4 fairing and bigger bike feel, but the first time I rolled on the throttle hard I was impressed. This thing is tight as a drum and pulls like a train. I drove a stock Gpz1100 20 years ago and they pulled hard but not like this heavily tweaked example.

Tom was playing around on my 650, enjoying the light and nimble middleweight. He drove my bike a couple of years ago when I had just put the Wiseco 700 kit in the bike but he said with the 810 it was a major power upgrade. I gotta say that it was nice driving beside my own bike and seeing how it rides, how it sounds and pulls.

He had the Gpz's weight down to 505 pounds and figures it puts out around 120 hp at the rear wheel. After riding the bike I believe it. I let it go in first gear up a nice smooth hill and gave myself a little adrenaline rush. As the saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement.

Check out 1262Tom's bike in the gallery. One sweet ride.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Had A Great Ride Last Night 30 Jun 2007 17:36 #153970

• z1rick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Sounds great! Glad you guys had a good time. Ride safe..
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: