Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Maiden Voyage 29 Jun 2007 22:27 #153820

• Makarth
  • Makarth's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
ok... so it wasn't a voyage but i took my new steed out for a spin and it was fun as hell. Oh man this bike is scarey (not just cause the back brakes don't work) i easily smack 80 in an 1/8 of a mile. I mean this thing hauls. i would gladly bet money on a race with any 600 class sport bike. Sadly riding has some issues for me besides the previously stated braking problem. First off, the riding posture is a bit cramped (i'm 6'1")... i have two choices, i can move the pegs somewhere or do stretches every day to comfort the posture (would love an opinion on that) next is getting rid of the power surge at about 2700rpm (made me do a wheelie, not fun for first ride), im betting its the infamous hole in diaphragm or unsynched carbs and sadly i have to clean off the mess the previous owner had made by forgetting to put an overspill tube on the battery im really hoping it didnt damage the swingarm... overall this bike is a hoot and i'm excited about my choice in going with kaw.Projects, Pics, and Vid coming soon...kz1000=-$$$= :pinch:

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: