TOPIC:

First ride out,seized the engine(manual needed)... 27 Jun 2007 22:21 #153329

• Sandy
  • Sandy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
KaZooCruiser wrote:

Hi Sandy . . . I doubt anyone planted the lemon tree someone picked a lemon off of.

I think you might find that the crankcase seals on the lower end have gone bad.

What was the premix ratio y'all were running?

Did the bike have an oil injection pump?

:lol:

I wouldn't doubt if the seals are the original ones,and they will be part of the rebuild for sure.I explained to the Boys Dad that We were NOT cutting any corners on this project...not worth it...cheap parts anyway,and You'd be a FOOL not to replace seals while you have the chance to..Kazoo...good call(seriously) though...Ya never know.
The mix was at about 32:1...maybe even 35:1,but not over 40.
There's a slight leak in the pipe(at the can),and there was some oil seapage from there.Also...both piston rigs were about 70% stuck in the grooves,and I mean STUCK!(flush with the edge of the piston).I was told that there was about 130 pounds of compression,and that would explain it.So much happened,and it all happened way too fast,so here We are...BUT...it'll be a better bike once We're done.

And no...no oil injection.
I hear what You're saying about the operation of them,but I have heard a lot of horror-stories from Guys that race sleds(snowmobiles) and most of them have by-passed the injection system,as I did on My Ski-Doo...peace of mind.If that ever fails,You may not know it til it's too late.

Bob...Pm'n Ya BudB)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.