Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 25 Jun 2007 18:58 #152679

• brich
  • brich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc?

The reason I am asking is I am always on the lookout for a decently priced new dual disk caliper and this guy seems to always have ones on eBay.
The thing is .. he lists them all for different model bikes under different auctions but all the pics are the same and the descriptions too. 7/8th bar fit, 14mm piston.

I also noticed a few guys put questions to him about wanting to do a buy it now and he said he couldn't cause he only had one left. Seems to me he has a sh_tload of them in his eBay Store but is listing them all diferently. So I was wondering if any of yall had experience with this guys stuff. Cause I would just assume buy one listed for a different bike with no bids for $50 as opposed to the z1900 one that is bidded up to $65. Then again, I am afraid of that whole .. you get what you pay for scene. Also, what to do at rebuild time as he doesn't have any rebuild kits. I would be interested in what some of you all think.

- brian
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 25 Jun 2007 21:23 #152725

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
If your talking about the front master cylinder, yes I got one from him. I'm not sure if they are all the same M/C's or not. I got one cuz I got it cheap and it will work for my bike which won't be on the street.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 25 Jun 2007 22:05 #152732

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
i bought a gasket set from him for the 650 and it did not have 3 gaskets for the top of the carbs in it.
i sent him a message and he said they were not in the box and he said they were not in the picture.
he sent me then no charge and paid for shipping also!
top seller who takes care of his customers in my book.
since then, i also bought a kit for the 1000 and it got here in two days.
he earned my buiness and will get it again from me again.
left me great feedback and went the extra mile.
top seller and i would use him again.
i say go for it, if your not happy, he will do right by you.
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

. 26 Jun 2007 06:06 #152773

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
del

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 26 Jun 2007 06:09 #152775

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Just use some bar end mirrors. :P
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 26 Jun 2007 08:12 #152803

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I was going to ask what a "mirror orifice" was, but don cleared that up for me. :whistle: I need another cup of coffee I guess.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Anyone ever buy a front caliper on eBay from usa-motorcycles-inc? 26 Jun 2007 16:34 #152939

• brich
  • brich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
OKC_Kent wrote:

I was going to ask what a "mirror orifice" was, but don cleared that up for me. :whistle: I need another cup of coffee I guess.

At least you didn't call a master cylinder a front caliper in the thread title and the message.. i'm an azz. :pinch:. Maybe I need to re-read my manual!!
:whistle:

Guys, thanks for the feedback. Feel much better now. I still think these are all the same mc, but now I am at least not worried about it.
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

• Page: