Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 21 Jun 2007 22:07 #151680

• katjbus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I also wave, but around here most of the harley guys tend to wave back, most of the time the scooter guys dont wave at me either. Maybe they are to scared to take thier hands of the bars:P :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 21 Jun 2007 23:15 #151696

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
mariozappa wrote:

I wave at anything on two wheels with a motor.
But, I especially like waving to the little kids on the side of the street (cause they're always lookin at ya).
Seems that they get a big kick out of it! :lol:<br><br>Post edited by: mariozappa, at: 2007/06/21 10:13

That's me to, although some of the Hardly's that don't wave back get the one finger wave at the end of passing.:whistle:
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 05:54 #151718

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I wave at every bike and if the wifey is onboard it's HER job!
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 06:02 #151719

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
I've only had my bike a few years and when we ride together my wife thinks its a real hoot when bikers wave to each other.

The biggest waves I get are from the older couples on Goldwings. They usually both give a really big wave. you can't miss it and you'd have to be a real jerk to not wave back.

Every time we pass one I can hear my wife laughing.:laugh:
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 06:09 #151721

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
I've seen wives do that recently or girlfriends. I wave at the kids too, it makes them feel special. When I was in primary school we used to run and shout for the buses passing the school. They had names on the side of them, like wolverine and hulk and then some just played loud music, like 244 and sniper. 244 is the number on the guys licsence plate. we would shout to them running on the field and when they hit there horns at us, we felt great and acknowledged, and we went back to brag to our friends. So I know how those kids feel. Some harley guys wave back, but I try not to care!
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 06:28 #151728

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I always wave. If one of sons is on back they do too.
Back in the mid to late sixties it used to be a fist and arm in the air, like a "black power" thing. But it was a RIGHT ON BRO sign to other riders.
Then in the later seventies it changed over to the two fingers down. Now they get either two or the whole hand down. As Mark said, some get just one finger at the end or a shrug. But most that don't wave are squids on new rice rockets, or weekend Hardly riders. And those I figure are either too afraid to take their hands off the bars or have no concept of the brotherhood of motorcycle riders, and not just one brand.
Little kids... that's a given;) Sometimes I ask if they want to race, their smiles are priceless:) :) And sometimes their response is VERY surprising too :blink: :whistle:
Pat

Post edited by: patmann, at: 2007/06/22 09:28
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 06:55 #151731

• georgeha
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I try to wave at everyone, but if I'm shifting or concentrating on traffic, you may only get a nod.

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 09:12 #151758

• Gosling1
  • User
  • Whats behind you is not important
  • Thank you received: 1
Patton wrote:

Virii wrote:

...coworker commented a few minutes ago that he doesn't bother acknowledging the younger guys on new shiny Harleys suggesting that the chances are they won't wave back. The guys who have been riding all their lives, sure, but he'll consider before he acknowledges another rider.

Myself, if I see you ... I'll give you a gesture every time, regardless of what you're riding. Snub me if you like but I'll keep doing it. I always have, and it feels strange not to. If nothing else, take it as a sign that I'm not going to leave you hanging. While we're on the subject...thanks for always pulling over for me when I was on the side of the freeway.....just to see if I was okay. I always was but I appreciate you stopping anyway.

When friendly wave isn't returned , it's likely an oncoming newbie with hands frozen to the reins. So do the right thing -- just smile and wish 'em good fortune. :)

Have for years, always carried along my "Harley Helper," a 20 foot length of stout nylon rope. :cheer:

Ya know, I used to think that most of the harley guys were just being douche bags but I think that your right about them being to scared to take a hand off of the bars and wave. I still wave at them no matter what though. All of the diehards will wave back
1983 KZ1100A Shaftee box stock.
A herd of Bultacos to play in the dirt with. Arvada, Colorado
Kick it in the guts Berry

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 09:30 #151764

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I wave to all on two wheels, even bicyclists. My girlfriend and I get a kick out of waving to the old folks sitting on their porches too.
What's up with the 'left hand down low' style wave? I don't get that...

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 11:59 #151796

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I always wave as well. Unless the roads rough or I'm in the middle of turning, etc. Then I will usually nod, like others. B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 12:50 #151807

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
i usually do the two fingers down, or if i'm tired i'll lift my 4 finders up enough off the lever for them to notice.

the only people i dont get waves back from are the pizza riders (the riders who only ride to go eat pizza with their friends every wendsday on their "hogs"

the minnesota "hogs" organization is in my town this weekend, i wish my kz was up and running so i could go terrorize them :silly:
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

I wave (and thanks for being there for me) 22 Jun 2007 14:03 #151823

• brich
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I try to wave when i can.

I followed a guy on a harley one time waving like a fool :woohoo: for 5 miles because he refused to wave back and quite frankly, it was amusing to me! :lol:

Mind you I was like 20 at the time. Nowadays with the NJ roadrage season in full-swing. I wouldn't do that anymore. :unsure: Now I just throw up my gang signs I learned watching a HBO jail series. ;)
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.