Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Las Vegas BikeFest 2007 04 Aug 2007 08:26 #161692

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • RetroRiceRocketRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
It seems the little group of riders we started out with (four) who are going to BikeFest is growing rather quickly now.

Initially it was just myself, Rose, Z1Rick and a co-worker of Rose's who recently passed the MSF and got her own bike who are on going.
But about 3 weeks ago I was contacted by a man and his wife (she's also a recent MSF grad and new bike owner) through a message I left on the BikeFest site looking for other folks to ride together there with.

They own/ride an absolutely beautiful pair of HD's and live in Murrieta, so meeting up with them in Corona where we plan on meeting up with Rose's co-worker is perfect.

And just two days ago another guy who also happens to live in Murrieta contacted me saying that he and a few (he didn't mention exactely how many) co-workers of his are also heading up that day and would like to ride up with us. He stated that they are cruiser riders, but no clue as to what brands or models yet.
Not that it really matters to me, because we're all riding and that's what matters. :)

So now we're up to roughly about 9~10 riders! :woohoo:
The only Kaw riders that I'm aware of that are going is me on my ZN700, Rose and her co-worker on their VN750 Vulcans, and Z1Rick on his KZ1000 cop-cycle.
Although my ZN is an air cooled inline-4, it's a shame that there's only one TRUE KZ in the bunch, and only two riders from KZr that have possitively confirmed that they are going. :(

Of course I'll be posting pics once we've returned.
But trust me, pics don't hold a candle to actually being there! ;)

So, is anyone else going to make it?
Better hurry if you are, because room reservations are selling out FAST! :ohmy:
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Las Vegas BikeFest 2007 25 Aug 2007 09:18 #166238

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
Bump!

With such a small amount of interest to this topic, I'm guessing that no one else from KZr has the "extra" funds and can take the time off from work? :huh:

You guys are really going to miss out on a great time!

From the looks of it though, I may end up having to ride my 650 on this trip (having probs getting the carb linakge back together on the ZN :().
It's a pretty long ride on the 650, especially with the rear-set pegs and minimal padding in the seat.
But I rode my 650 on the first 2 BikeFests we attended, so I (and my back :pinch:) know all to well what to expect.

I've still got just over a month to get the ZN back together, so anything is possible.

So the $64 question...Is anyone else planning on going?
It would be really nice to have a KZ/KZr gathering amongst all the HD and cruiser riders. ;)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD

Las Vegas BikeFest 2007 25 Aug 2007 17:19 #166310

• z1rick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Looking forward to the ride. I just registered, so I am good to go;)
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Las Vegas BikeFest 2007 26 Aug 2007 08:40 #166397

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

Bump!

With such a small amount of interest to this topic, I'm guessing that no one else from KZr has the "extra" funds and can take the time off from work? :huh:

You guys are really going to miss out on a great time!

From the looks of it though, I may end up having to ride my 650 on this trip (having probs getting the carb linakge back together on the ZN :().
It's a pretty long ride on the 650, especially with the rear-set pegs and minimal padding in the seat.
But I rode my 650 on the first 2 BikeFests we attended, so I (and my back :pinch:) know all to well what to expect.

I've still got just over a month to get the ZN back together, so anything is possible.

So the $64 question...Is anyone else planning on going?
It would be really nice to have a KZ/KZr gathering amongst all the HD and cruiser riders. ;)

Just whip up a set of forward highway pegs for the trip then take them off and dispose of them properly when you are finished.
Also a little hint from my cross country dirtbiking days. Get a kidney belt and wear a pair of lycra bike shorts under your pants instead of standard issue underwear. It makes all the difference, trust me.

Post edited by: Wildh2oskier, at: 2007/08/26 11:43

Las Vegas BikeFest 2007 26 Aug 2007 09:00 #166404

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
Wildh2oskier wrote:

Just whip up a set of forward highway pegs for the trip then take them off and dispose of them properly when you are finished.
Also a little hint from my cross country dirtbiking days. Get a kidney belt and wear a pair of lycra bike shorts under your pants instead of standard issue underwear. It makes all the difference, trust me.<br><br>Post edited by: Wildh2oskier, at: 2007/08/26 11:43

That would certainly take some of the strain out of the long trip if I had taller h-bars, but with the drag bars I have on my bike it would have my feet and hands reaching forward and folding me in half. :S
At least with the drag bars, rear-sets and throttle lock I can lay on the tank and tuck behind the small windscreen to avoid the high desert winds and alleviate the strain on my hands.

I'm not giving up on getting the carbs back together (properly) and on my ZN though, and I still have several weeks to make that happen.

I appreciate the suggestion though. :)

But the main question still stands, is anyone else abso-tively posi-lutely planning on going to BikeFest? :huh:
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD

• Page: