Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Winter project...2006/2007 26 Nov 2006 12:40 #95080

• R Dresden
  • R Dresden's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok all.....I finally scanned quick pic of what I'm starting with.
Quick History....
The bike unfortunately has been neglected fo about 4 yrs now. I'm heavily involved with racing here and of course that's a summer activity that clashes with motorcycle time. The bike runs fairly well but I'm wanting to have the motor freshened up. (rings,bearings etc.) When the bike was last ridden regularly, I kept breaking clutch cables for whatever reason and when my last spare broke, it was put away and has since sat idle. I would have bet any amount of money that I had "winterized" it before I put it away but this past spring, I was amazed to find gas still in the tank, the battery still installed, and it was still sitting on the side stand and not the center stand. Needless to say, the gas looked like really bad Coca-Cola when I turned the tank upside down and the sickening sound of "chunks" rattling around in there was disheartening. The carbs were frozen shut of course but I managed to get them off and freed up to where they at least slide now.
I'm fairly adept at working on our race car motors along with my brother but have never really dug into a motorcycle. I have access to equipment to have the motor hot tanked and bored if need be. I'm sure I'll at the very least need to hone the cylinders just to clean them up nice. I don't necessarily need to build a monster motor for it, I mainly want to clean up and freshen the one I have but I'm going to rely on info from you all on which way to go.

Ok...enough for now. I'll be in touch with many of you I'm sure and look forward to getting this bike back on the road and ridin' like we used to!!

Wish me Luck!! LOL.

Peace,
Rodger B)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winter project...2006/2007 26 Nov 2006 12:49 #95084

• wireman
  • Visitor
well start pulling it apart and figure out whai needs;) was it breaking clutch cable in same spot everytime?:whistle:

Winter project...2006/2007 26 Nov 2006 12:53 #95086

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Right on,Roger...looks good,Bud!B)
Keep Us all informed,eh...and good luck.
Sounds like You'll be lining the tank then.
Tons of good info here,and don't forget to browse through the "Archives"...lots of good info there as well.B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Page: