Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 KZ250D project questions 13 Apr 2020 21:26 #823289

• Snedly
  • Snedly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So, I've been lurking, and reading lots of articles for about a year now. I purchased a KZ250D about a year ago and I've been working to figure out how to build it out. It's in pretty rough shape, but the engine runs, and most of the important parts are present. I've been working to find parts for the bike, and I'm finding out that that is much easier said than done. I found a relatively new Kawasaki Ninja that has a blown engine that I'm thinking about picking up and retrofitting parts to the KZ. I'm thinking mostly brakes guages ECT. Does anyone have any experience with a project like this? Am I totally off base? Any input would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 KZ250D project questions 14 Apr 2020 07:49 #823324

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1622
Howdy. I've never done a project like this, but I wouldn't expect much if anything from a Ninja to bolt-on to or fit a KZ250. You might be able to use the meters, but you'd have to fabricate a meter bracket and do some minor rewiring for the meter lighting & warning lights. Depending upon the models, sometimes a caliper bracket for the brakes can be fabbed. But instead of trying to fit the brakes or swap forks, what's usually done is to swap front ends >> All Balls Racing has a fork conversion page. If the swap is possible, then you'd probably have to get the donor steering stem machined to fit the steering head on the frame. A front end swap is not uncommon >> complete fork assy, Fr wheel, Fr brake. often times referenced as part of a "street fighter" project.

ps: you could look into getting the Ninja cheap, then finding an engine for it. a modern motorcycle instead of an old clunker might be preferable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: