Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need parts source 19 Feb 2020 10:52 #819580

• GoatChaw2020
  • GoatChaw2020's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got my hands on a '80 750LTD that I'm rebuilding. It needs some TLC and there are some OEM parts that Kawasaki has deemed obsolete. I'm working on the brakes & master cylinder right now. Does anyone have a reliable new old stock or aftermarket parts dealer they buy from ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need parts source 19 Feb 2020 11:23 #819582

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 260
Partzilla.com

Z1 Enterprises
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker

Need parts source 19 Feb 2020 14:10 #819586

• BCScott
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 97
If the part is out of stock at partzilla, copy the part number and search eBay for it. There seems to be quite a few sellers with stockpiles of NOS parts.
Back in the saddle and loving it! KZ1000A1

Need parts source 20 Feb 2020 05:56 #819606

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
There are all sorts of choices for brake lines. CycleBrakes.com has Galfer lines w the fittings already crimped on. I got Goodridge lines & banjo fittings from Z1Enterprises.com. The diagrams at Partzilla for your motorcycle may have the lengths, but you can measure yours from eye-to-eye. If you plan on replacing the handlebars, do that first before getting new lines as the stock Ltd upper line will be too long for lower handlebars.

The stock master cylinder tends to leak at the cap, so if you plan on keeping it, you should clean it thoroughly. but it may still leak within a year afterwards. Remove all of the built up scale & crud on the cap & from the mating surface on the m/c. I used a wire wheel & awl >> some of the stuff was pretty hard. Install a new cap diaphragm.

You could install a Fr brake master cylinder from a modern or later model motorcycle. You would need one from a dual disk motorcycle with a 16mm mc piston bore. My motorcycle has a single disk Fr brake & I installed a good used m/c from a Honda CBR500 which also has a single disk Fr brake. piston bore for a single disk Fr is 12.5mm. Some m/cs have a 14mm piston bore, but I'm not sure of their application.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Need parts source 20 Feb 2020 17:43 #819636

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 260
I ordered custom length front brake lines from Galfer. I am impressed with the quality of their lines. They do good work.
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker
The following user(s) said Thank You: martin_csr

• Page: