• Page:

TOPIC:

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 01 Dec 2019 19:21 #814822

• Bigz
  • Bigz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey everyone,
I have recently gotten a hold of the bike that I have been after for years. A 1980 KZ1000G Classic. Most everything on the bike is in great condition. It was missing the tank and seat when I got it, but i have located the tank and will be using a cafe seat.

I have seen a few posts on here from others that have some experience with this bike and am hoping to glean some knowledge from people that know more than myself. I am very familiar with kz's in general, but this will be my first venture into fuel injection of any sort. I plan to restore the current components on the bike that I can, and add some upgrades in the process.

Currently I am having a really hard time finding an air filter for the bike. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one, or any other filter that would be compatible? Also, if anyone has any pointers for restoring the fuel system that would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently cleaning the injectors myself and plan to do the same with the rest of the fuel system.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 10 Dec 2019 22:07 #815204

• farmer1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a z1000H which what everone else but America got. What you would call a kz1000 mk11 with the same fuel injection as the kz1000G, I got an air filter and a few other bits from redline cycles in America a few years ago .did a Kwick check and they still have a filter in stock .cheers farmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bigz

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 11 Dec 2019 06:26 #815217

• Bigz
  • Bigz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you farmer. Since then I have found one in Canada that is on it's way to me now. Who would have thought that something used as often as an air filter would become so difficult to find, and what's more, so expensive. Fortunately I happened to find one for about 1/4 of what I found 2 others for.

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 11 Dec 2019 08:36 #815222

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
The G1 Classic was only available 1 year & the air cleaner is unique to the model, hence the rarity.
Not that it does you any good, but many 1981-on 1000/1100s use the same air filter as each other & it's different than the G1.

Possible option. On some old motorcycles in which the air filter is NLA, some guys will fabricate one using a similar air filter >> they would separate the old filter paper from the end caps & after cutting it, install new pleated filter material using an adhesive. It's been a long while since I've looked into this, but I've seen this done for some vintage Honda models.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 11 Dec 2019 09:42 #815225

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1899
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis seller offers an KZ1000G air filter.

KZ1000G/ Z1 Classic air filter 12 Dec 2019 07:19 #815266

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Scirocco, the G1 Classic air filter is cylindrical. :)

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: