Gsxr front end with stock kz wheel

More
20 Oct 2019 15:08 #812790 by Bowserpup32
Gsxr front end with stock kz wheel was created by Bowserpup32
What’s up y’all. Starting my KZ build finally!!! Just looking for some advice and maybe some suggestions. Is it possible to use my stock 78 kz wheel on a gsxr front end. Everything from the neck down would be gsxr beside the wheel. Gxsr calipers, pads, rotors, forks, triples, master cylinders, controls...you get the deal. All but the rim!!

I already found a kit for the neck tube that changes to gsxr front end . Pretty cheap too. Just gotta bring to frame to place to get the bearings pressed. Don’t want to screw it up.

The stock kz wheel is taller too and would cure the front of bike from dipping down too much. Not a big fan of scraping. I was hoping someone makes a conversion kit????

Thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 04:59 - 21 Oct 2019 05:04 #812804 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Gsxr front end with stock kz wheel
Nobody I know makes a conversion kit but any engineering shop should be able to help if you haven't got access to a lathe etc.
I do this type of thing all the time and it may be as simple as a wheel bearing swap to allow the use of the Gixer wheel spindle in the KZ wheel, some new wheel spacers and then adaptor plates to align the brake calipers with the discs or maybe you will have to use the KZ wheel spindle and make some sleeves for the forks bottoms.
Anything is possible and i can't see it being a big problem to figure out.
Also if you are not too low with those forks and want to use the Gixer wheel for simplicity they can be easily extended internally by around 30mm with a simple screw on damper rod extension and that would give the same height increase of going from a 17 inch wheel to a 19 inch with a lot less hassle.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 05:04 by zed1015.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:09 #812820 by waktaylor
Replied by waktaylor on topic Gsxr front end with stock kz wheel
Check out all balls racing wheel bearings. You can find plenty of bearing info. The gsxr has a hefty diameter axle but you may be able to find a bearing to match axle to wheel.

Next you will need to adapter flat the gsxr rotors to your wheel that used offset rotors. Not a huge hurdle.

You will also need some bearing spacers. Remember there is a thrust spacer between the two wheel bearings.

I can help you with these machines parts