Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

doomwizards 82CSR1000 30 Apr 2019 05:24 #803077

• doomwizard
  • doomwizard's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Picked up some euro style bars for the 82. Found an 80 kz1000 CSR parts bike for DIRT CHEAP. Picked it up, took the seat off and started working on a custom seat for the 82. Just got the parts bike running last night and I’m debating on selling or making it a hardtail chopper.

Attached are photos of the 80
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by doomwizard.

doomwizards 82CSR1000 17 Jul 2019 08:36 #807660

• doomwizard
  • User
Well...I got 2 good weeks and about 400 miles out of the KZ 1000. Unfortunately my carbs are still leaking glass through the intake filter. Cleaned the carbs and cleaned the petcock and it slowed it down to where it doesn't drip onto the ground, but it still reaks of gas and is dripping out of the intake. Also noticed I'm burning oil at a decent rate, the left side head gasket is leaking, and I also hear some slight pinging when running which is concerning.

So the bike is out of commission for a little while, but I have ordered a carb rebuild kit, parts to rebuild the forks (seals are shot), and a vacuum petcock rebuild. I'll be putting the carbs on my spare engine (headgasket is still good), use the spare harness (the originals wiring is questionable and I blew a main fuse the other day), and hopefully run that for the remainder of the year. The current engine will get rebuilt this winter.

I'll try to keep this updated as I go.

doomwizards 82CSR1000 07 Apr 2020 10:47 #822807

• doomwizard
  • User
No photos, but the spare engine was swapped in, carbs cleaned and synced, and forks rebuilt, gas leak fixed. I ordered a KZ1000J seat and rear fender that needs put on (gave up on the idea of a fully custom seat and the "cafe" look is no longer a goal for this bike) , I just want a lightly modified, OEMish look, or OEM+ as they call it in the car scene. Drilled some speed holes in the chain guard and painted it black, painted the forks black, blasted and painted the fender black as well. My fuse issue was from a cheap flasher relay which i replaced with an OEM unit from the parts bike. No issues about about 3k miles logged :).

Parts bike is fully stripped. Using the front wheel on my bike as it had a good tire. Going to clean up the spare rear wheel and put it on as well. Still haven't rebuilt the original engine (my autox and drift car has taken up a lot of my time). Unless I can find someone to buy the spare frame I might hack it up into a hard tail. Not really in a rush to start another project/money pit though, haha.

I did buy a 96 VF750C magna for my pops so he can cruise with me, although IDK if anyone cares to see that. It's more "old man friendly" as he call its. Fun bike though and pretty damn quick!

I'll try to get some photos of things and post.

• Page: